Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

DS Scores 9/10 on Playr

RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By RobDaFunk

A rather sub-standard TV show here in the UK just scored 9 out on 10 for Dead Space.

I did have a few concerns over this title, what with EA being behind it but after seeing loads of ingame footage with info on weapon upgrades, engineering, jump-out-of your-seat moments, sound quality and especially the graphics (stunning) I will definately be grabbing this one now.  Playr itself can't be fully trusted in my eye, but the look of the game alone is Amazing.

Hope this puts a few peoples minds at rest.......... ;)

PS. Now the only dilemma is for the UK.....Far Cry 2 & Dead Space release on the same day..... :(

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Demilich

Fallout 3, LittleBigPlanet, Dead Space, Far Cry 2.

Goddammit October...

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By AaronBelfast

Playr is on Bravo in an hour, followed by Playr 2 and then Playr Guide, are I correct?

Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rorschach

Yay, super hyped for Resident Evil meets Event Horizon, with the added bonus of no crazy satanic Sam Neil!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kush

I think the game has always looked good, but why would you feel like the game would be bad because EA is "behind it". I will never cease to be amazed by the hatred towards EA.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Demilich
    Kush said:
    "I think the game has always looked good, but why would you feel like the game would be bad because EA is "behind it". I will never cease to be amazed by the hatred towards EA."
    EA don't have the right reputation behind them. It's not the hatred, there's just no reason to expect one of their games will be good.
    RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RobDaFunk
    AaronBelfast said:
    "Playr is on Bravo in an hour, followed by Playr 2 and then Playr Guide, are I correct?"
    yes, thats the one, think it gets repeated on Sundays too.

Kush said:
    "I think the game has always looked good, but why would you feel like the game would be bad because EA is "behind it". I will never cease to be amazed by the hatred towards EA."
    its not really hatred, just not usually an EA thing, i think when i hear EA i natually think of Madden and sports titles.  But definately "Down" with there new direction. Eg. if Valve was behind Dead Space, Far more people would be Stellar for this title. ;)
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kush
    Demilich said:
    "EA don't have the right reputation behind them. It's not the hatred, there's just no reason to expect one of their games will be good."
    I don't think there is any real justification for that bad reputation. I don't feel like they have made that many more "bad" games than other big publishers. Yes, they are looking to make money, but so are a lot of companies and they aren't just making shit every second to make a quick buck.
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Demilich

I didn't say bad rep. Expectations are somewhat mediocre. Compare EA to Blizzard or Valve and you'll see why Dead Space could flop. Though I hope it doesn't.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kush
    Demilich said:
    "I didn't say bad rep. Expectations are somewhat mediocre. Compare EA to Blizzard or Valve and you'll see why Dead Space could flop. Though I hope it doesn't."
    Well I'm not saying you should compare them to Blizzard or Valve, but I think that in comparison to Ubisoft or similar companies they get more hate than deserved. I think people forget about the good games they bring out because of their sports games and other similar stuff.
    RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RobDaFunk
    Kush said:
    "Demilich said:
    "I didn't say bad rep. Expectations are somewhat mediocre. Compare EA to Blizzard or Valve and you'll see why Dead Space could flop. Though I hope it doesn't."
    Well I'm not saying you should compare them to Blizzard or Valve, but I think that in comparison to Ubisoft or similar companies they get more hate than deserved. I think people forget about the good games they bring out because of their sports games and other similar stuff."
    it is the old story that the little man (me ;) ) doesn't like the Large Corporation (that has been in players eyes since day dot) that buys up everything.........it'll always be a hard image for EA to shake.

still, if they carry on in the vain of Dead Space, people will change their views on them.
    TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TEAMHOLT

I'm interested in the game as well, but I understand if people are on the fence about paying $60 for an unknown quantity. In the States, Toys R Us is having a Buy 2 get 1 free deal from 10/12 to 10/18. So if you're hesitant, you could possibly get Dead Space for zero dollars.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kush
    TEAMHOLT said:
    "I'm interested in the game as well, but I understand if people are on the fence about paying $60 for an unknown quantity. In the States, Toys R Us is having a Buy 2 get 1 free deal from 10/12 to 10/18. So if you're hesitant, you could possibly get Dead Space for zero dollars."
    If only they were doing that the next week...That would have been so fantastic.
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Demilich
    Kush said:
    "TEAMHOLT said:
    "I'm interested in the game as well, but I understand if people are on the fence about paying $60 for an unknown quantity. In the States, Toys R Us is having a Buy 2 get 1 free deal from 10/12 to 10/18. So if you're hesitant, you could possibly get Dead Space for zero dollars."
    If only they were doing that the next week...That would have been so fantastic."
    If only they were doing that in Australia... I could save $120.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kush
    Demilich said:
    "If only they were doing that in Australia... I could save $120."
    Do they even have such a thing as Toys R Us in Australia...because that would make me laugh. Though I think that their deals are usually platform specific. ie. Buy 2 360 games, get 1 360 game free. Buy 2 PS3 games, get 2 PS3 game free etc...
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Demilich

Yeah, there's Toys 'R' Us here, but not much else. We have EB Games, no GameStop, no Best Buy, no Wal-Mart.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kush
    Demilich said:
    "Yeah, there's Toys 'R' Us here, but not much else. We have EB Games, no GameStop, no Best Buy, no Wal-Mart."
    I am quite shocked to hear that you guys have Toys 'R' Us, but not Wal-Mart. They were closing a lot of stores and almost went out of business a few years back if I remember correctly.
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Demilich

Not that it really matters. The only place with a reliable selection of games is EB, and they are overpriced as fuck. Importing and Steam are the only ways to go if you don't want to pay $100 to $120 for a game.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kush

Well that's why I'm proud to be an American...one of the few reasons.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By AaronBelfast
    RobDaFunk said:
    "AaronBelfast said:
    "Playr is on Bravo in an hour, followed by Playr 2 and then Playr Guide, are I correct?"
    "
    Well thats good, it was a repeat today, so what the fuck are they going to do with Sundays show. Repeat it again?
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Demilich
    Kush said:
    "Well that's why I'm proud to be an American...one of the few reasons."
    Can't tell you how much this country makes me proud of being Canadian.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kush

I wish I were Canadian so I could get free healthcare.

RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RobDaFunk
    AaronBelfast said:
    "RobDaFunk said:
    "AaronBelfast said:
    "
    Well thats good, it was a repeat today, so what the fuck are they going to do with Sundays show. Repeat it again?"
    not sure, maybe they have the New shows on Sunday and the show I saw today was a repeat from last week, not sure??

all the shows on Virgin Media are on TV Catch On Demand tho..... :)
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By zitosilva
    Demilich said:
    "Not that it really matters. The only place with a reliable selection of games is EB, and they are overpriced as fuck. Importing and Steam are the only ways to go if you don't want to pay $100 to $120 for a game."
    I didn't know prices were like that in Australia. I thought this kind of thing only happened here in Brazil.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.