Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space Extraction

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 28, 2009

A prequel to Dead Space, Extraction tells the story of the original Necromorph outbreak on the USG Ishimura. The game trades the original's third-person action for a hectic on-rails shooter from a first-person perspective.

This Game Scares The Shit Out of Me, And Is Great

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

I picked this gem up from GS for less than 10 bucks, and figured I might as well try it out. 

It's really good, for less than 10 bucks...it's really damn good.  Surprised the hell out of me with how well it puts you into the mood to be scared shitless.  The controls are alright, but after playing with the Move...I can honestly feel the Wiimote not being as good.  Not a plug for the Move, just what I noticed. 

The graphics are kinda shit, but for a Wii game I'm surprised it looks alright.  The monsters look great though, and the physics for cutting off limbs is great too. 

It's really fucking scary.  Like the first Dead Space, it has a weird kind of horror that can only be found in the best gory Japanese flicks.   

For 10 bucks, this game is damn worth it!  I heard the PS3 version is free for all PS3 users who buy Dead Space 2, so I'll be interested to see how good it looks with the DS2 engine.  I bet it'll be hella scarier with the 7.1 audio and whatnot. 

Pick it up if you can, I like it a lot. 

Jozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jozo

Yeah, I played through it on the Wii and thought it was pretty good for a on rail shooter, I enjoyed it. 
    I'm Actually looking forward to it in HD with trophy support.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By sameeeeam

I agree with this sentiment. Although I played it on PS3

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By demonbear
    It made my list of 2009 top ten games for a reason. Even for a wii game, it works out great, and is an excellent complement to the original Dead Space in terms of story. I love every second of it! Is it an onrail shooter? Yes but its a great one and is totally worth your time and money on any platform.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Meowayne

We told you so.

Signed, the WDF.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.