Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2: Case West

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 27, 2010

In this downloadable epilogue to Dead Rising 2 (exclusively for the Xbox 360), Chuck Greene teams up with the original game's protagonist, Frank West, to infiltrate a Phenotrans facility and uncover a conspiracy between the Zombrex manufacturer and the zombie outbreaks.

Dead Rising 2 Case West; How is it?

LincoIn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LincoIn

No Caption Provided

I'm thinking about picking up Case West and was interested in the thoughts of those that played it already. Also how long did it take you to complete?
    captrofl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By captrofl

It took me a good 3 hours to get through on co-op.
    But that aside i didn't really like it all that much, it felt kinda lacking to be (excuse the pun) quite frank.
    The characters had me laughing all the way through as Frank and Chuck seem to be at each others throats.
    Gameplay is the same as it always is and was with weapons from DR1 returning such as the katana and scythe 
    Some new combo cards appear, but i'm kinda bummed about how some combo cards from DR2 don't make a comeback.
    Also you can't import your DR2 character and instead is given a lvl 40.   

And that is that.
    Overall i thought it was "Faaaantatstic"
    Also you can share photos over co-op. Hilarity ensuses

EeTMeeL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By EeTMeeL

It is a waste of money.  If it were 400 points, I'd say MAYBE.  But there is no story advancement to speak of.  The big twist is something EVERYONE saw coming a mile away.  They took out some of my favorite weapons (Flaming Boxing Gloves, Defiler, Spiked Bat). 
    Ultimately, it will leave you wondering why you paid 10 dollars for an epilogue that DOES NOT END THE STORY! 
    Since the download does not enhance the core game I'd say just play dead rising 2.  Since you'd end up back on it in 3 hours anyway.  And if you don't have it, then buy it.  DR2 goes for 20 dollars used (cheaper on-line)  Just splurge and spend the extra 10 bucks and get a game with 20 times the game-play.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Legend

I just finished it and, yeah, it's not that great. Definitely not worth 800 points. Case Zero is much better and it costs half as much.

fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By fillmoejoe

Sounds disappointing I would have thought you get some sort of bonus for playing Case Zero and Dead Rising 2. The price point turns me off along with the rather short length, still I would have picked it up at 400 pts.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By owl_of_minerva

I've been enjoying it but it depends on how much money you have and the relative cost. Case West is 1/10 of the cost of the full game when it came out, so I'm not that bothered by the length. Between playing it solo and playing it online with randoms or with friends I could see it providing a fair bit of entertainment. Also if you go for the achievements, it'll take rather longer still. There are only 3 cases in the whole game though, so if it's a "one and done" playthrough you're after it's not for you.
    Shame about the ending, but then again we can be assured Dead Rising 3. The interplay between Frank and Chuck is pretty great as well.

zigx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By zigx

Bought it earlier today and finished up solo in about 3 hours as well. For 800 points, I personally was disappointed in it. I was expecting it to be much more fleshed out. I think with Case Zero it was different as that was a brand new Dead Rising experience. Case West, gameplay wise I wish they had done something new. As it stands, it is exactly the same with really only a few new combo weapons, though to their credit they are pretty awesome. The return of the camera mechanic isn't anywhere near the same was it was in Dead Rising 1, so that was another missed opportunity.  Also was it just me, or did the security personnel enemies really disrupt the flow of the game?

If you're coming to it for the story, like I was, you may want to wait and see if it drops in price as it didn't expand the story that much. If you're the kind who could care less about the story and just wants to go around killing zombies with a friend, it might be worth it.

dragonzord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By dragonzord

Pretty fun. One of the achievements (Handy Man) doesn't work for me. Which kind of sucks, was going to add an S rank to my small collection

Fantomex100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Fantomex100

Is there a time limit

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

It feels like a missed opportunity. I loved Case Zero and got the best ending in DR2, but the focus on gunplay and the drab, repetitive setting really ruined a lot of it for me. I'm going to critical path it just for the story, but apparently that's pretty lacking too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.