Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead or Alive: Dimensions

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 24, 2011

Dead or Alive: Dimensions retells the story of the Dead or Alive saga, adding new playable characters and more features in this handheld debut of the Dead or Alive fighting game franchise.

Japanese Live-Action Advert

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro

Here's a Japanese Live-Action commercial for Dead or Alive Dimensions on 3DS. It's fine cheese...

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By TheHT

lol rolling mah eyehs.

oh wait. that's the cover art? really? mah eyehs! they're rolling backwards!!

Gumby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gumby

This can't be DOA related. Not enough jiggle...

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Contro
    @Gumby said:
    " This can't be DOA related. Not enough jiggle... "

The jiggle went with Itagaki-san.
    Gumby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gumby
    @Contro:
    haha. The one thing in a DOA game that could benefit from some sweet 3D. Oh well.

Anyone here that's seriously considering getting this? Especially when there's SF4 for the 3DS.
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By scarace360

Please bring back FMV also that would be so cool cause then we would be back in the 90s!

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Better cosumes then the movie. 
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By KaosAngel

....the boobs are too small.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Daveyo520

No real life Ayane, poor Ajay :(

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Hailinel
    @ImmortalSaiyan said:
    Better cosumes then the movie. 
    Not a difficult feat to pull off there.
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By frankxiv
    @Gumby said:
    @Contro: haha. The one thing in a DOA game that could benefit from some sweet 3D. Oh well. Anyone here that's seriously considering getting this? Especially when there's SF4 for the 3DS.
    if i had a 3ds maybe. having played ssfiv on a friend's 3ds i wouldn't really be too into that, you want specials and ultras on the touch screen because of the d-pad or button presses needed, but then it's awkward to try to tap the touch screen to mix them in in a fight unless you're spamming them and moving only.

doa is less about executing directional inputs than ssfiv, there's no fireballs or super moves or anything. and it uses 4 face buttons instead of 6, so it's got to play better on the 3ds.

if it can bring in some new modes beyond what doa4 has it could be a decent option.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hailinel
    @onimonkii said:
    @Gumby said:
    @Contro: haha. The one thing in a DOA game that could benefit from some sweet 3D. Oh well. Anyone here that's seriously considering getting this? Especially when there's SF4 for the 3DS.
    if i had a 3ds maybe. having played ssfiv on a friend's 3ds i wouldn't really be too into that, you want specials and ultras on the touch screen because of the d-pad or button presses needed, but then it's awkward to try to tap the touch screen to mix them in in a fight unless you're spamming them and moving only.doa is less about executing directional inputs than ssfiv, there's no fireballs or super moves or anything. and it uses 4 face buttons instead of 6, so it's got to play better on the 3ds.if it can bring in some new modes beyond what doa4 has it could be a decent option.
    The 3DS is actually turning into a portable with plenty of fighting game options.  Beyond SSFIV and DOA, BlazBlue Continuum Shift II is just around the corner, too.  Honestly, I'm surprised that the genre is seeing this much attention on the handheld given that the original DS was bereft of quality fighting games.
    Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Aetheldod
    @Hailinel said:
    BlazBlue Continuum Shift II is just around the corner, too. 
    I hope not , Ninty does not deserve this awesome game >:3
    buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By buzz_clik

Holy shit, did they just use Chicago as the font for the text? And with a My-First-Photoshop bevel on it? Bleurgh.

/fontnerd

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hailinel
    @Aetheldod said:
    @Hailinel said:
    BlazBlue Continuum Shift II is just around the corner, too. 
    I hope not , Ninty does not deserve this awesome game >:3
    It's already happened.
    It's already happened.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'm not sure what I expected from a live-action DoA trailer but I find myself oddly disappointed.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Contro
    @Hailinel said:
    @onimonkii said:
    @Gumby said:
    if i had a 3ds maybe. having played ssfiv on a friend's 3ds i wouldn't really be too into that, you want specials and ultras on the touch screen because of the d-pad or button presses needed, but then it's awkward to try to tap the touch screen to mix them in in a fight unless you're spamming them and moving only.doa is less about executing directional inputs than ssfiv, there's no fireballs or super moves or anything. and it uses 4 face buttons instead of 6, so it's got to play better on the 3ds.if it can bring in some new modes beyond what doa4 has it could be a decent option.
    The 3DS is actually turning into a portable with plenty of fighting game options.  Beyond SSFIV and DOA, BlazBlue Continuum Shift II is just around the corner, too.  Honestly, I'm surprised that the genre is seeing this much attention on the handheld given that the original DS was bereft of quality fighting games.

it's very surprising given the 3DS's inadequacies in controlling such games in an appealing manner. The D-Pad sucks severely.

These games will get significantly better later on, when Nintendo releases a second version.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Omg, now that's what the doa movie should of looked like.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By frankxiv
    @Hailinel said:
    @onimonkii said:
    @Gumby said:
    i didn't play any past the first, but the bleach fighting game was cool, and they did have like jump super stars and some kind of guilty gear xx as well i remember. maybe it's just that there weren't as many good fighting games to port to it back then.
    abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By abdo

Was that really a Japanese ad? It had the European PEGI rating. Unless this is a translated version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.