Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead or Alive 5

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 25, 2012

Dead or Alive 5 is the seventh entry in the Dead or Alive fighting game franchise, introducing a new visual style, new game mechanics, and highly interactive stages.

DOA 5 Community/Help/Discussion thread.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#201  Edited By mrfluke

@ImmortalSaiyan: probably lends more credence to why the first dlc pack was free and was the one that they billed as " a thank you to the people who bought doa 5"

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By mrfluke

so relieved to see that its doing fine (to the very least, fine to tecmo/koeis expectations), given how stupidly the US press got all hot and bothered by it, i thought the silly boob jiggle would be turning off players.

just goddammit,i hope they dont go and do a volleyball game next after yaiba (which that game could be promising), im expecting doa 6 to be a next gen game, hopefully they just add a condensed volleyball mode in doa 6 like what tekken 3 did back in the day.

and hopefully a doa 6 doesnt take 5-7 years. theres no way they can fully expect people to remember this games story by then, (hence why this games story doesnt really hang toooo much on the older games)

and plus this one ended with a scene after the credits, so they obviously have a sort of direction they want to take things story-wise.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#203  Edited By musubi

@mrfluke: I don't even think the boob jiggle is that bad. I mean they still don't behave like real breasts but for gods sake its a far cry from the crazy that was DOA 4 and especially DOAX2.

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#204  Edited By mpgeist

Does anyone else have trouble finding ranked games? The past couple days I've literally not been able to find any on 360.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#205  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Demoskinos said:

@mrfluke: I don't even think the boob jiggle is that bad. I mean they still don't behave like real breasts but for gods sake its a far cry from the crazy that was DOA 4 and especially DOAX2.

I find the juggle worse then DOA4, but not DOAX2 bad. They move like partially inflated waterbeds now. It looks really weird.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Ravelle

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Demoskinos said:

I find the juggle worse then DOA4, but not DOAX2 bad. They move like partially inflated waterbeds now. It looks really weird.

I'm trying not get my face punched in when playing, there is no time to focus on silly physicals of the girls' boobs.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By musubi

Found a pretty good Lisa combo for anyone who cares.

1P, K , 6PP, QCF+K ,8K, 4KP, P+H

If you can get off the critical burst then you've got the combo locked in.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By mrfluke

@Demoskinos: it really isnt that bad, but like every press outlet that reviewed it just gets all bothered by it, its ridiculous

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#209  Edited By Still_I_Cry

360 - A Sudden Sound.

Also wondering if anyone else is having lag issues? Or is is just my internet being crappy.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#210  Edited By beargirl1

@Still_I_Cry: yup the online netcode isn't great. it's not as easy to do what you want online than it should be.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By musubi

@AjayRaz said:

@Still_I_Cry: yup the online netcode isn't great. it's not as easy to do what you want online than it should be.

Honestly I'm finding it about on par with DOA 4 like some matches will be absolutely fine and then others will be a slide show.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Demoskinos: Same. Many seem fine when I am watching, then when I get in they get laggy as molasses in winter :/..it's a bit frustrating. I guess they're not going to patch it or anything, as that would be..impossible..?

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Ravelle

@AjayRaz said:

It depends on the person you're up against, I had both laggy matches and perfectly smooth matches.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#214  Edited By BoOzak

*sigh* These online issues keep getting worse, now the game cant decide whether or not I have an online pass. I've redownloaded it and everything and sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt but most the time I just get signed out randomly.

Anyway, I'm going through command training as i've had better luck getting matches through invites (and I need titles) and i'm wondering if there's a way to save progress for your combos, I remember DOA4 had a check list that allowed you to go back and redo the ones you missed. Does this game have something similiar that i'm unaware of?

EDIT: I mean between sessions. So I can get back to it after I finnish fighting online without having to start over.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Ravelle

Street Fighter had a " search by Ping" feature but I'm not sure DOA5 has that.

I'm doing some legend matches now and then, it's frustrating and cheap and it doesn't have anything to do with fighting anymore but I get to around 4-5 until Bass shows up and completely destroys me, other characters are annoying but manageable after lots of retries but Bass is just one big combo of throws and holds and belly bounces. Also that GET UP YOU LAZY BUM move is so fucking evil.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By beargirl1

@BoOzak: not that i know of. it's super lame. :<

fyi TN are releasing a patch to address the online problems. it's goin' through certification right now or something with microsoft and sony.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By beargirl1

there should be a patch out today.

changes (via FSD):

Patched Game Changes

• Better netcode stability.
    • Voice language setting now saves in the save file.
    • No more 1 round ranked matches.
    • Connection bar shows in non lobby matches.
    • Side Step glitch has been fixed.
    • People no longer enter the wrong lobby.
    • Slowdown from throwdown is gone.
    • AI has been adjusted to react slower on higher difficulties
    • Fixed glitch where the game freezes from backing out of a search.
    • Fixed bug where skipping a command then clearing would halt progress during Lisa’s and Tina’s command training.
    • Power Blow settings carry over when resetting position in training mode.
    • Titles can now be removed at the Mission title set screen with the △ button.
    • Changed the hit reaction to certain attacks when hitting a downed opponent. (Mila Infinite)
    • Improved the game screen freezing after the start of a match when playing Versus, Arcade or Training mode with challenges on. (May still occur depending on the connection environment)
    • When accepting a challenge during the final stage of arcade mode, then returning to offline play after the match, the final stage no longer repeats without a mode clear, nor does the game freeze.
    • Your opponent’s cursor is no longer displayed in the menu after a rank match, simple match, or challenge match.
    • Your opponent’s connection speed is now displayed on the character select menu next to their account name. 5 good ⇔ 1 bad
    • During a match, your opponent’s connection speed is now displayed next their opponent name.
    • Opponent’s account name and connection speed are now displayed next to the challenge icon.
    • Lobby match search results now are sorted in order of connection speed.
    • During an online match, input delay and laggy character movement due your connection with the opponent is less likely to occur. (Still may occur depending on the connection status between players)
    • Skill info and move lists during online versus are now set to always off.

Patched Character Changes

• Mila's only connects twice then causes quick recovery. Infinite Fixed.
    • Tina's changed from +5 to ±0 and doesn't link together while opponent is grounded. Infinite Fixed.
    • Ayane's is now +1

i wonder if they fixed the infinite that Kokoro has too

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By musubi

@AjayRaz: Nice to see they are responding to community concerns. I kind of want to get some of the costumes they released that Haybusa costume they released is effing BAD-ASS.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By musubi

Good matches sirs. I wish I could play with someone else besides Hitomi. She is the only one I do good with.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By beargirl1

@Demoskinos: right back at ya. it's a shame that you didn't say the entire way through but i'm glad that you at least managed to get in a few fights. if you're going to learn a new character, doing it while the game is still fairly early is probably the best time to do it. so, i'd say learn away!

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Demoskinos said:

Good matches sirs. I wish I could play with someone else besides Hitomi. She is the only one I do good with.

I enjoyed playing you. I've been wanting to for a while. Who else would you like to use other than Hitomi? I seen you using Tina a few times, how do you find her?

@AjayRaz: I feel like saying it again, good matches there with the Jann Lee and Ayane. I feel like it helped me a lot both as playing as Jann and how to deal with Ayane. Turns out the Dragon Gunner is no joke.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By musubi

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Demoskinos said:

I enjoyed playing you. I've been wanting to for a while. Who else would you like to use other than Hitomi? I seen you using Tina a few times, how do you find her?

@AjayRaz: I feel like saying it again, good matches there with the Jann Lee and Ayane. I feel like it helped me a lot both as playing as Jann and how to deal with Ayane. Turns out the Dragon Gunner is no joke.

I don't know... I've dabbled with Tina but eh. I dunno. I just don't click with anyone else as well as I do Hitomi.

As for me leaving yeah... I left early i wanted to see what was going on with the Halo stream. Didn't want to lag up the joint by streaming 720p video and playing a fighting game all at once.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By beargirl1

@ImmortalSaiyan: yepp thanks for the games again. jann lee is a real tough opponent so it's nice to get some practice off of em. that dragon gunner is some serious shit. it was one of the only instances where i saw somebody actually using it and well.. gotta say, it must be good being a jann lee player with that. i never really feel like my Ayane improves all that much but every time i feel like i'm getting somewhere.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By musubi

So, I took Tina into the Training room after looking up some stuff on FSD. Her 8P can instantly let you link to a crouch throw. =O My biggest problem with Tina is judging by the frame data I'm getting on block pretty much everything Tina has isnt really safe on block at all. Hmm...more practice I guess as shes the only one I've remotely clicked with outside of Hitomi.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By musubi

Okay...I think I may ramp up my Tina usage cause man. She has some cool stuff once you dig into her.

Her 66K is a pretty great setup for a combo. The best I've figured out myself is 66K , 4P+K, 8k , 4P+K (Critical Burst) , 9K , 4PPP

You can also substitute PPP + Air Grab or do 8K + 2H+P for the 4PPP The best part is this of course is a Critical Burst combo so if they can't read the first three moves its pretty much all guaranteed after that. I'm thinking I've also been highly under using her 2P+K as it could be an excellent distance closing option and you can do either a P or a K at the end of the roll so you can mix up your approach and the P gives her a free ground grab.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

How is everyone find the patched online? It seems to run much better. So i'm going to be playing this game frequently again.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By beargirl1

@ImmortalSaiyan: i haven't noticed much of a positive difference. i still have some noticeable input latency and i seem to be getting matched up with more bad connections than good connections post-patch. at this point i'd figure that the problems would be coming from my connection but all other games i play online have no problems. matches with good connection play nicely though.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By musubi

Anyone have their game freeze if they use fight requests? I turned them on and jumped into training and after I was done tried to exit to the menu the game then freezes every single time. If I keep playing I'm fine but once I go to quit out it freezes. Its only the game freezing not the console because I can bring up the guide but it only ever happens when I turn on fight requests. =\

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By mrfluke

Seems there is still jank with the online?, hmm probably putting this game on hold till after assassins creed and halo then, get the 2 big AAA games done and then ill be back.

will play again eventually though

love everything of this game, even though get my ass handed to me in it xD

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By mpgeist

I need to play online more. I've been trying to unlock all the costumes and its taken longer then expected. I've gotten them all except Lisas and I don't know if I'll ever be able to.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By BoOzak

Anyone else still having online issues? Connection seems fine but I just got booted to menu after my oponant miraculously caused me to instantaneously lose both rounds, what also sucks is I was about half-way through the acrade mode. (getting costumes) There also seems to be fewer lobbys since the patch but maby i'm not playing the game at peak times or something.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems to have defaulted to searching for people in my region, of which there arent many. Still having all the same issues online though, which is a shame since I played a lot of DOA4 without any of these issues. I'm not sure what they've done but I hope they fix it at some point.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By BoOzak

It seems ranked is working much better then before. It doesnt seem to time-out every 30 seconds and matches seem smoother, there's still the occasional laggy match & d/c but it's better than waiting for invites. Think i'll stop complaining about the online now...

(still sucks that it defaults to your region!)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By musubi

So obviously I can't post pictures even though the ones I saw were censored but... Unsurprisingly modders are hard at work on a nude mod for DOA 5.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By beargirl1

anybody wanna run a session tonight, and get some gb people together to play?

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#235  Edited By damswedon

I just got the game and I'm going through the practice move sets to get a feel of who I really want to learn. At the moment I'm leaning towards Mila or Tina.

Xbox Live name: damswedon UK

I'm a Fighter.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By musubi

Okay guys.... I may have to jump back in possibly. These christmas costumes they just released are fantastic. Ryu has a santa oufit!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#237  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Ripped through the story mode and did a few rounds through arcade mode with some of my favorite fighters. Quick question - does playing at harder difficulties unlock all costumes up to that difficulty, or only the one costume for that difficulty? Also, how do I go about unlocking the third Virtua Fighter character? Not sure of his name, but I've got both Ryu and Sarah.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#238  Edited By DocHaus

@Sparky_Buzzsaw: I think you unlock Pai by beating time attack mode, but I can't quite remember.

Also hi everyone, I've been playing this game too after getting a new copy on sale. Been playing around with Rig and Brad Wong, hoping they patch the online soon so I can play ranked matches. My XBL gamertag is Kleptobot if'n you feel like throwing down.

Surprisingly few Ryu players out there compared to DoA4.

Avatar image for informationhigh
    informationhigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By informationhigh

You get Pai by getting 100 titles I believe.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By musubi

@Sparky_Buzzsaw said:

Ripped through the story mode and did a few rounds through arcade mode with some of my favorite fighters. Quick question - does playing at harder difficulties unlock all costumes up to that difficulty, or only the one costume for that difficulty? Also, how do I go about unlocking the third Virtua Fighter character? Not sure of his name, but I've got both Ryu and Sarah.

You can only unlock more costumes on the same difficulty if you can beat your own score. So it is easier to just start at the easiest and work your way up. Also remember that tag arcade will unlock the costume for the first person you pick as well and you only have to fight 5 matches. And you get Pai by unlocking 100 titles and its Akira not Ryu. =p

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#241  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@Demoskinos: Really? Good to know, thanks! Don't know why I said Ryu. Brain fart, I guess.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By musubi
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By musubi

So, new 1.03 update today which adds a ton of stuff including YouTube uploads on the PS3 version also a free Zack Island stage as well as more bikini costumes.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

It is also does a lots of balance changes. Ones I never looked into, I wonder what was changed with Jann Lee.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By musubi

@ImmortalSaiyan: If I wasn't so consumed with DmC right now I'd attempt to get back into the game.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Demoskinos said:

@ImmortalSaiyan: If I wasn't so consumed with DmC right now I'd attempt to get back into the game.

Yeah, I don't see myself playing this again for a while either. Too many games in the coming months.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.