Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Days Gone

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 26, 2019

An open-world survival action game from Sony's Bend studio.

Anyone here interested in this game?

• 112 results
    ejiehi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

And that is my review of Day's Gone.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By shiftygism

Honestly, I'd love the game even more than I already do if I had that shit happen during my playthrough.

Even though I've platted it and killed every horde, I think I may dive back in and try to 100% the collectibles and go after the useless at this point Syphon Filter stun gun. I can't get enough of this game.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By handlas

I just beat it and enjoyed it... which is saying a lot for a game that is so long and does have quite a bit of repetitive missions if you are doing a lot of the side stuff (which I did). And, because of that, I've got majority of the trophies so I may go ahead and get the rest. Story was mostly forgettable, imo, but I liked the characters. Some of the issues reviewers had with bad dialogue was overblown I think. Except the one where Deacon says multiple times throughout the game that he is against killing unarmed women. Seems so strange considering how many people you kill through the game (women and zombie children included).

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ntm: A few days have gone since I finished Days Gone (sorry). Using the giantbomb review scale, it’s a solid 3 out of 5 for me. Probably put over 60 hours in it by the time I finished it. I ended up following a guide and getting the last 20% of collectibles in the game and ended up getting the platinum trophy too. I didn’t delete it from my PS4 just in case they decide to drop a DLC later in the year. Question. Did you get the LAST cutscene? There’s one more after the credits roll. I think you have to finish the other missions that pop up for it to show up, I’m not sure. But you get a call from O’Brian to meet him and he drops a bomb on you(not literally, obviously). It was very interesting and actually got me excited for a sequel.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#106  Edited By awesomeusername

@shiftygism: I got the platinum for Horizon, God of War, and Spider-Man before they sent out the emails for those themes. Never got an email for any of them. :) Sony’s email system sucks.

Edit: someone at Sony must’ve saw my post because I just received an email for the platinum theme. Woot!

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#107  Edited By liquiddragon

It's gonna be $20 during PS Days of Play June 7-17th.

Might have to pick it up...

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By shiftygism

@liquiddragon: I wouldn't count on it, from what I saw it was just a few titles mentioned with "prices START at $19.99" , I imagine it'll be between $30-40 as it's supposedly selling pretty well.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#109  Edited By liquiddragon

@shiftygism: Good catch. Wouldn't be surprised if the game's top heavy and the drop off is pretty severe? I will wait.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

I almost want pick this up just to support Sony Bend. The fact that there is a very small Syphon Filter tie in has me hooked.

Supposedly it'll be only $20 next week during the State of Play sale? Maybe I'll dive in.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By shiftygism
    Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
    deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I haven't really paid much attention to this game after reviews dropped, but with it being on sale for E3 I'm taking another look.

I know the minute to minute can be sort of repetitive, but how is the world itself and the characters? For example, even God of War is "repetitive" when it comes to combat and quests, but the world is great and the characters and story is great which is why it's so well regarded. Similarly with Spider-Man.

This was the main reason I avoided Rage 2, the combat sounds great but the world seems absolutely DULL.

So, for those that have played it, how has the time between missions been in addition to the missions themselves? How are the mechanics it uses(I assume there's crafting/resource management and the like).

jsmith79327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished the game- severely underrated... while not without its many, many faults, it’s easily in 7-10 Slot on my GOTY. I enjoyed the story and going around the world fighting the hordes. The game ran pretty bad on my base ps4 though. There were a few times in lost lake where my FPS couldn’t have been going over 10... it would stay like that Till I left camp. The game does have some good jank though. Some really stupid stuff would happen due to technical issues that I would get a good laugh out of.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.