Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Contradiction: Spot The Liar!

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jan 13, 2015

An FMV murder mystery adventure game in which the player must identify characters' contradictory statements to solve the case.

Ok so the cast is pretty awesome on Twitter

fazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By fazzle

Everyone here should follow the cast of this fantastic piece of entertainment on Twitter: @Magnulus (Simon) @RupertBooth (Jenks) @Anarosaeiza (Emma) and @JohnGuilor (Ryan)

I've been going back and forth with them all day and it's been decided that Contradiction 2: Lying Boogaloo is the title for the sequel, and now the cast (mostly Simon) has been workshopping all kinds of ideas for the stunning conclusion to the Contradiction trilogy. It either involves Space Amazonians or Simon dressing up as Catwoman. Either way, I'd donate to my first ever Kickstarter for that.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's great to see the cast having some fun. I mean, it's an FMV game. You should know what you've gotten yourself into.

BananasFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think FMV games are glorious, personally. It makes NO sense to me the developers spend millions of dollars trying to invent tech to make Kevin Spacey look like a goofy, rubberized version of himself.

When you take ten steps back and look at the games industry objectively, it makes so many awful decisions just because it's so up it's own butt. I look at late 90s era PSX games, where games would feature photos of pre-rendered 3d models that barely looked human and think, "This looks like pure garbage, and there is no reason for it." Jet Moto 3, is the worst offender in my book. The previous 2 games used comic book art and the 3rd game (new developer) chose to make ghoulish renderings in Maya. Why not just find attractive people and photograph them? It just doesn't make any sense.

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

NathanXplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@kewlsnake: Wow, that video was awesome. I'm gonna buy this game to support these guys even though I'll probably never play it myself.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By xymox

@kewlsnake said:

Simon is in this other Vampire web series thing.

Good stuff all around!

God now I just want a Judas Goat / Contradiction cross-over SO BAD!

Judas Goat - the all-video vampire drama adventure

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think FMV games are glorious, personally. It makes NO sense to me the developers spend millions of dollars trying to invent tech to make Kevin Spacey look like a goofy, rubberized version of himself.

When you take ten steps back and look at the games industry objectively, it makes so many awful decisions just because it's so up it's own butt. I look at late 90s era PSX games, where games would feature photos of pre-rendered 3d models that barely looked human and think, "This looks like pure garbage, and there is no reason for it." Jet Moto 3, is the worst offender in my book. The previous 2 games used comic book art and the 3rd game (new developer) chose to make ghoulish renderings in Maya. Why not just find attractive people and photograph them? It just doesn't make any sense.

It also cuts out the whole issue with digital models having to be animated so accurately just to look vaguely human. Get an actor to do it instead. You can frame the action properly and it gives the whole thing more focus towards story than actual gameplay. The gameplay just need to function, rather than be objectively 'good' and, if the story and acting's sound enough to pull you along, the whole product succeeds along with it.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jaytow said:

@kewlsnake: Good lord... I'm in love.

Have you seen .... THIS!
    Sorry, that was inappropriate :)

aharonw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fazzle said:

Everyone here should follow the cast of this fantastic piece of entertainment on Twitter: @Magnulus (Simon) @RupertBooth (Jenks) @Anarosaeiza (Emma) and @JohnGuilor (Ryan)

I've been going back and forth with them all day and it's been decided that Contradiction 2: Lying Boogaloo is the title for the sequel, and now the cast (mostly Simon) has been workshopping all kinds of ideas for the stunning conclusion to the Contradiction trilogy. It either involves Space Amazonians or Simon dressing up as Catwoman. Either way, I'd donate to my first ever Kickstarter for that.

I have to admit, I feel pretty good about myself for catching this kickstarters early on. Saw it advertised on AdventureGamers.com and got on that one. There was a poll to the backers if they preferred Steam or GOG, we collectively pushed for Steam. Tim was awesome to us backers in email as well, always giving updates and giving us our product codes on time.

I anxiously waited for the release, and it did NOT dissapoint. With the small sum of $4,000 (pounds?) raised, I had NO expectation that it would turn out this awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.