Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Company of Heroes

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 11, 2006

This action packed strategy game lets you take control of Able Company on the shores of 1944 France, pushing the Nazis back into Germany.

Can I play Singleplayer without a Relic Account?

Miniman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Miniman

I have a Steam copy of Company of Heroes which I purchased over a year ago now so therefore I made a Relic account a long time ago. Because it was such a long time ago I have forgotten the login for my account and I am unable to make a new one without getting a new CD key. To be honest it's a bit stupid that I can't play Singleplayer without logging in to an online account.

I have already contacted Steam support but I will ask here anyway so that I hopefully get a quicker response. Am I able to play singleplayer without an online relic account?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By pause422

Yeah I believe you're screwed there. I just tested it out by logging out of my account and trying to get in, even though it just says the account is 'for the benefits of playing online and updates', doesn't let you into the game at all to even play single player, or so it seems. You have no idea what your acc name was? cuz there is a 'forgot password' thing there if you could figure out your acc. name.

n00bosaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By n00bosaurusRex
    Miniman said:
    "pause422 said:
    "Yeah I believe you're screwed there. I just tested it out by logging out of my account and trying to get in, even though it just says the account is 'for the benefits of playing online and updates', doesn't let you into the game at all to even play single player, or so it seems. You have no idea what your acc name was? cuz there is a 'forgot password' thing there if you could figure out your acc. name."
    I tried that, it asked me for my CD key which I don't know what it is because it's a Steam copy. I'm just hoping Steam support can help me out."
    I have a lot of non valve-developed games on steam, and on most of them you can right click the name on the "My games" tab and select "View CD key".  I don't think they have that for every game though, but if you've seen the cd key once when you first set up your account then surely there is a way to see it again.

If you can't find it that way, try deleting/uninstalling the game in steam and then reinstalling it.  When you run a game that requires a key after a fresh install it will display the key in my experience.

Hope that helps!
    ravenslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ravenslayer

i can't make an account for comany of heroes tales of valor can somewan help me???

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.