Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Civilization

Franchise »

A celebrated series of civilization-building turn-based strategy games created and produced by Sid Meier.

I want a serious strategy game, is this a good place to start?

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Twitchey

I really enjoyed Civilization Revolution on the Xbox 360 a few years ago and I want to go back to Civilization. 
    I'm about to buy Revolution again for my PS3 to play with a few friends but I want to take it to the next level. 

I've read a few reviews online and everyone seems to be saying Civilization IV is better than Civilization V, is this true? 
    Should I begin with IV and move onto V or just jump to V?

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DonPixel

@Twitchey said:

I've read a few reviews online and everyone seems to be saying Civilization IV is better than Civilization V, is this true? Should I begin with IV and move onto V or just jump to V?

V is very good, better than IV IMO.

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Twitchey
    @DonPixel said:

@Twitchey said:

I've read a few reviews online and everyone seems to be saying Civilization IV is better than Civilization V, is this true? Should I begin with IV and move onto V or just jump to V?

So you're saying I should skip IV completely? 
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DonPixel

@Twitchey said:

@DonPixel said:

@Twitchey said:

So you're saying I should skip IV completely?

Yes, V is an incremental of IV, better graphics, better interface and everything else is pretty much the same.. as "strategy" goes they are pretty much the same.

For better or worse Civilization is not a franchise that has evolved that much, I've play them all. If you have doubts for whatever is worth I think Ryan's review on CIv 5 is very spot on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.