Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Chun-Li

Character » appears in 100 games

A Chinese martial artist and Interpol officer in the Street Fighter series. The "First Lady of Fighting Games," she is a recurring member of the series and was one of the eight original World Warriors of Street Fighter II.

Oh gawd, someone put up a new default picture

thebrassthief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thebrassthief

The one up currently is like...sacrilege or breaking some kind of law.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2  Edited By Termite

If the picture you are speaking of is the current one, then yes.

Its not a good one, a different artstyle than she is usually portrayed in

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By epic_pets

Thats terrible

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By s10129107

picture doesnt even reflect her awesome thighs

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By kush

I must admit it looks pretty awful...like some Esurance ad. Wait!? Is this some clever way of saying Chun-Li is the star of Mirror's Edge!? OMG this is like...breaking news!!!

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By brukaoru
    Kush said:
    "I must admit it looks pretty awful...like some Esurance ad. Wait!? Is this some clever way of saying Chun-Li is the star of Mirror's Edge!? OMG this is like...breaking news!!!"
    Rofl, it does look similar to Esurance commercial's art style! That's hilarious.
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Disgusting, just disgusting.

ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

its pretty, but missing the massive thighs.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I agree. This page needs more Kristen Kreuk.

jlrm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By jlrm01

(Posting in an ancient thread... sorry about that... ^_^;)

I noticed this recently. I don't know who placed one of my images as the default, but it wasn't me! ^_^ If you guys are referring to this image...

Chun-Li fan art by Yamashita Shunya
    Chun-Li fan art by Yamashita Shunya

...it is fan art (as far as I know), and I think only official art should be the default image. (I love this image... but it doesn't belong as the default one...) Which image should be the default, then? (I don't remember which one was there before)...

Someone also changed the default image of Patchouli Knowledge's page to one of my fan art images *shakes fist* a week or 2 ago, but I changed it back.
    Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Giantkitty

I don't think there are any "official art"  rules, but some common sense rules:

The picture should look like her - don't make her default image her Darth Vader costume or whatever

Make sure you can see her in those "square" pictures like way above - someone, when inputting the Spitz character picture left a lot of white space on top, so all people saw was a white square, so I cropped off all that white

It's okay to change default pictures every so often - don't get into "default fights" (they did at ComicVine, so for a while only mods could change them - do you want that to happen?)

jlrm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By jlrm01

Well, I'll leave it like that then. (I love Shunya's art, so I I think she looks really lovely..). No "default fighting" from me....

I always use official art (concept art that looks like the final version / images from the character designer or mangaka / etc.) for the default image when I create character pages.. . which sometimes causes me a bit of "trouble", when the only official art I can find is of a pathetic resolution and looks kind of bad. Meanwhile, the fan art I find for that same character page is high res, true to the character and easy to find. ^_^; Anyway, I'll keep trying to use official art, even if there are no rules (as I feel that it is "right" somehow). ^_^

I didn't pay much attention to the "icon" version of the default image when I started creating pages... but I do now. (Well, most of the time. ^_^; I sometimes forget.)

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mrfluke
    there problem solved kudos to lordandrew
    OldManLollipop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By OldManLollipop

There is a lot of.... detail on this page.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By BoG
    Giantkitty said:
    "I don't think there are any "official art"  rules, but some common sense rules:

The picture should look like her - don't make her default image her Darth Vader costume or whatever

Make sure you can see her in those "square" pictures like way above - someone, when inputting the Spitz character picture left a lot of white space on top, so all people saw was a white square, so I cropped off all that white

It's okay to change default pictures every so often - don't get into "default fights" (they did at ComicVine, so for a while only mods could change them - do you want that to happen?)"
    Ok, this is a month old post, and I'm not a wiki mod, but I endorse these statements. I'd also say that, if a default fight is brewing, bring it up on the page's forum. We all have differing tastes, so some may like certain images more then others.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ryanwho

Or the default image could change randomly. Anything in the gallery should already look like Chun Li because its the Chun Li gallery. Who really cares what the default picture is? Well, losers care, I know. Nobody important though. So it could just change to another picture at random every couple of days. That'd be fine.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By BoG
    ryanwho said:
    "Or the default image could change randomly. Anything in the gallery should already look like Chun Li because its the Chun Li gallery. Who really cares what the default picture is? Well, losers care, I know. Nobody important though. So it could just change to another picture at random every couple of days. That'd be fine."
    Yeah, but it wouldn't totally work for many pages. Some pages have in-game screenshots of characters, and as GiantKitty mentioned, we want to be able to tell what the page is about from the icon. There are more then one video game characters named Kratos, and if you don't know last names, you rely on the picture. If the picture is a small gameplay shot, you'll be lost. Not to mention, some are really best where they are, and need a singular image to represent them. This is the case for most game pages with box art, or concept pages like Pirates or LGBT . I also feel that, as I browse the site at school and work, no default image should be NSFW. If we randomized it, naughty default images would be inevitable.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Endogene

how about this one:

caption
    caption
    mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mrfluke

the picture right now is fine 

TheLongshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By TheLongshot

well the one that's up now isn't too bad. I'm sure its not the one that was originally being argued about in this post however.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Hexpane

Fan Art should be banned from GB.  Street Fighter fan art is indeed one of the most offensive categories of fan art I've seen.   D.C. Comics universe also has some laughably horrid fan art on GB.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.