Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania

Franchise »

The Castlevania franchises chronicles the ongoing fight against Count Dracula by the Belmont family and their allies. To this day, Dracula continues to pose a threat to the world.

What are your top ten favorite Castlevania music tracks?

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Edited By kevinski

It's no big secret that the Castlevania series is home to some of the best music in video game history. I'm not necessarily referring to the quality of the compositions, however, although Castlevania certainly has its share of beautifully-composed masterpieces. Rather, I'm referring to just how effective some of this series' music is at getting you totally pumped up to beat some vampire ass. I'll start with my top ten list. Sure, it's missing some classics, but bear in mind that these are my own personal faves. These are the songs that REALLY get me into their respective games, and it's not uncommon for me to find myself humming them while I'm out and about.

01) New Messiah (Adventure ReBirth)
    02) Bloody Tears (Judgment)
    03) Crucifix Held Close (Portrait of Ruin)
    04) Darkness of Fear (Judgment)
    05) Into the Dark Night (Dawn of Sorrow)
    06) Victorian Fear (Portrait of Ruin)
    07) Beginning (Nocturne in the Moonlight)
    08) An Empty Tome (Order of Ecclesia)
    09) Iron Blue Intention (Portrait of Ruin)
    10) Cemetery (Dracula X)

Now, I'm sure that some of you are wondering where a lot of Symphony of the Night's music is. (My favorite version of Beginning, for the record, is from the Saturn version, which I've labelled as Nocturne in the Moonlight.) While I won't dispute how amazing Symphony of the Night's music is, I can't say that many of the tracks rank among my absolute favorites. As for older versions of the tracks, sure, they're listenable, but it's hard to deny that some of these tracks just get better and better with each new iteration. And yes, I do prefer the SNES rendition of Cemetery to that of the PC Engine. :P

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By kevinski

It's no big secret that the Castlevania series is home to some of the best music in video game history. I'm not necessarily referring to the quality of the compositions, however, although Castlevania certainly has its share of beautifully-composed masterpieces. Rather, I'm referring to just how effective some of this series' music is at getting you totally pumped up to beat some vampire ass. I'll start with my top ten list. Sure, it's missing some classics, but bear in mind that these are my own personal faves. These are the songs that REALLY get me into their respective games, and it's not uncommon for me to find myself humming them while I'm out and about.

01) New Messiah (Adventure ReBirth)
    02) Bloody Tears (Judgment)
    03) Crucifix Held Close (Portrait of Ruin)
    04) Darkness of Fear (Judgment)
    05) Into the Dark Night (Dawn of Sorrow)
    06) Victorian Fear (Portrait of Ruin)
    07) Beginning (Nocturne in the Moonlight)
    08) An Empty Tome (Order of Ecclesia)
    09) Iron Blue Intention (Portrait of Ruin)
    10) Cemetery (Dracula X)

Now, I'm sure that some of you are wondering where a lot of Symphony of the Night's music is. (My favorite version of Beginning, for the record, is from the Saturn version, which I've labelled as Nocturne in the Moonlight.) While I won't dispute how amazing Symphony of the Night's music is, I can't say that many of the tracks rank among my absolute favorites. As for older versions of the tracks, sure, they're listenable, but it's hard to deny that some of these tracks just get better and better with each new iteration. And yes, I do prefer the SNES rendition of Cemetery to that of the PC Engine. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.