Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 29, 1993

Part of the "Dracula X" storyline, Rondo of Blood is a Japanese-exclusive entry in the Castlevania series of horror platformers that takes place a century after the original Castlevania.

Will Vinny play Rondo of Blood (TG16)

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

I'm hoping that @vinny will play through Rondo of Blood (Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo in Japan). It's a fantastic game, considered the best traditional Castlevania by considerable number of people, and I'm hopeful that he will get his hands on it before Vinnyvania is done (or he moves into the SOTN era Castlevania).

I'm playing through it for the first time right now, and it's fuckin' RAD.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I SURE hope so, I'm playing through it right now on my PC-Engine CD, and it's a fantastic game. The music is incredible as well. It's the best traditional Castlevania if you ask me, better than 1, 2, 3 & 4. Hard to compare it to the Metroid-Vania type games.

I hope they play the PC-Engine version as well (or an equivalent), not the remade one.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I feel like I have no idea what they will play beyond Super Castlevania, aside from, I assume, SotN.

SaltyKind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do they even have a PC Engine to play it on? I'm not sure of the mechanics behind the show, but are they okay with using emulators? That seems like the only viable way to play it if they don't own the actual machine. The things seems pretty expensive on eBay.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I love how two people in this thread said the same exact thing in a literal row haha

Anywhose, ya I hope he plays the Genesis Castlevania also.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@kiibee: they've been using an emulator the whole time, but Vinny also owns copies of the games so it's, like, forgiveable I guess.

I'd like to see them have an episode or maybe a few where they just fuck around with a bunch of random Castlevania stuff without actually committing themselves to finishing anything. Like that would be a good way to look at stuff like Castlevania 64 and Kid Dracula without actually having to go through the whole thing if they don't want to

CrimsonJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't it out on Wii VC? They could also do the PSP version, which is the only version of Rondo of Blood I've played. (And I think it had the original TG16 version included)

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I'd hope so! Rondo of Blood is a quality Castlevania game that also happens to have anime cutscenes. I imagine he'll give Bloodlines for the Genesis a shot as well.

I'd like to see them have an episode or maybe a few where they just fuck around with a bunch of random Castlevania stuff without actually committing themselves to finishing anything. Like that would be a good way to look at stuff like Castlevania 64 and Kid Dracula without actually having to go through the whole thing if they don't want to

Oh I firmly disagree. I would pay money ($50 a year, in fact) to watch @vinny play through all of Castlevania 64 or its slightly enhanced version Legacy of Darkness.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I hope Bloodlines is next, and seeing the original Rondo of Blood would be pretty cool. Only played the PSP version, myself.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbitrarywater: honestly the ONLY Castlevania game I want them to play is 64, but I can see why maybe they wouldn't want to

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the played CastleVania 3 at least on an emulator, they just prefer not to draw attention to it. It's probably easier to record and stream that way, and if they own original which everyone does it's not totally illegal just a bit of a grey area maybe.

@kiibee said:

Do they even have a PC Engine to play it on? I'm not sure of the mechanics behind the show, but are they okay with using emulators? That seems like the only viable way to play it if they don't own the actual machine. The things seems pretty expensive on eBay.

Pilgrimm1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pilgrimm1981

Totally agree, it's a fantastic game. It had in my opinion the best music of any Castlevania game, sort of that faux symphonic rock style, which fits the franchise perfectly I feel. Also Maria plays so smoothly!...makes the Belmont family feel so sluggish in comparison though. Jeff owns Rondo of Blood right? So Vinny is close friends with a dude who owns the game, that's more than most people who emulate this can say...it's very much a grey zone anyway and it is available on the Virtual Console no? I'd rather seem them play all the classic castlevania games, including the gameboy ones up (maybe not the first cause it fuckin blows and has a very good Wii re imagining). The metroidvania games I could personally do without...I love them all, but they're not very challenging and probably not all that entertaining to watch. The 3d games ehhh some are okay I guess..come to think of it, the N64 ones would probably be hilarious to watch!

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope so, easily my favorite 'classic' Castlevania game.

Just hope he doesn't have to suffer through the botched SNES version Castlevania: Dracula X

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I've only really played the PsP version, which had the original as an unlockable, as well as (strangely enough) a version of Symphony of the Night, with retranslated and rerecorded audio. It's also the only version of SoTN I've played btw.

It's a great game, right up there with 3 for me, and while I would probably prefer they also play the PsP version, going with the original makes more sense. ...I guess *grumble grumble*

First thing's first though, they're still on Super IV, it'll probably be followed by that Sega game I haven't played but that's probably pretty cool.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@kiibee said:

He's definitely been using an emulator. During the first Castlevania Rorie asked if he was using a DS4, and Vinny said yeah.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope so, Rondo of Blood is right behind SotN in my list for best Castlevania of all time.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I sure hope he'll get to it, because I completely agree with this statement:

I hope so, Rondo of Blood is right behind SotN in my list for best Castlevania of all time.

Also, yeah, obviously don't play the terrible SNES version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.