Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Camping

Concept »

An age-old, widely-hated strategy in multiplayer games: stay in one spot and kill passers-by. Also refers to a more benign activity in MMOs.

Defending an objective.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By s10129107

Ok, camping in deathmach = lame, thats agreed upon.  That being said in capture the flag I should be allowed to loiter around my base to defend the flag.  How come everytime i'm trying to defend the base i get accused of camping.  Am i supposed to offer them an open invitation to grab the flag, or would they rather a mindless dash for the flag for all parties involved to ensure theres no teamwork at play whatsoever.  It's not camping, it's defending the flag!!!!!!!!

DaveF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DaveF

Defending a flag is fine IMO

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Because, a majority of the time, people are sore losers.  It's a legitimate strategy.  There needn't be anymore explanation than that, you know?  What do they expect you to do -- travel to their base and take the fight to them? 

Josh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Josh

Declaring flag defense as camping is just as idiotic as labeling sniping as camping, too.

They're not the same.

TheGr3mliin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TheGr3mliin

hell they're both fine camping in deathmatch is only cheap if your getting shot

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.