Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Oct 29, 2003

The first entry in the critically-acclaimed military first-person shooter series, Call of Duty puts players in the boots of three Allied soldiers in three different campaigns of World War II.

Soundtrack is among the best

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mikeeegeee

I've been listening to the soundtrack to the original COD a lot lately. The Quick Look on COD classic got me turned onto it again. Nothing against Hans Zimmer (who composed the music in MW2 and who I respect greatly), but the newer music doesn't hold a candle to the music in the original game, composed by Michael Giacchino. Here are my two favorite tracks from the game, both centralized around the same theme:

Pegasus Bridge reminds me of the Road to Perdition soundtrack in many ways, which is a huge compliment. This music sounds on par with music made for major motion pictures.

This is the main theme, and title screen music. There is a lot of buildup in the song, which I really do appreciate. But if you're impatient, the main theme kicks in in bombastic fashion at about the 4:00 minute mark.

Anyone else miss this stuff? I could do without the current high tech, political thriller music present in the games now.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By lemon360

CoD1 was amazing back in the day.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Blackout62

Oh it's not an insult to Hans, Giachinno is clearly a better composer. There's an Oscar for his work on Up to prove that point.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@mikeeegeee: Thanks for this, I must have played that campaign about 20 times when that's all I had. Forgot about the music though

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.