Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty

Franchise »

Originally starting as a World War II-themed first-person shooter, the Call of Duty franchise now incorporates other time periods and conflicts and can be found on virtually every modern platform.

If it's true that the next Call of Duty doesn't have a campaign, will you play it?

• 56 results
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By NTM

Poll If it's true that the next Call of Duty doesn't have a campaign, will you play it? (443 votes)

No campaign, no play. 35%
    I don't really care. I play it for the multiplayer. 5%
    I haven't kept up with Call of Duty in a while, and I'm not stopping now, so one way or another it doesn't really matter to me. 45%
    It really just depends on the quality and quantity of what's in the package. 12%
    Other. 3%

There's probably more poll options I can add but I all of a sudden drew a blank so I'll leave it to other for whatever's left. As for me, although the campaigns in Call of Duty are hit and miss (I couldn't even muster to finish last years WWII because of how boring I thought it was), and most of them are extremely short, so not worth it alone when paying full price, I am really disappointed that the campaign might not be there. It always disappoints me when a game that has always had some way to play a storied campaign resorts to merely being a multiplayer experience, like the latest (albeit very popular now) Rainbow Six Siege. I am biased though: I like immersing myself in a game's world and story rather than playing multiplayer, and so with a lack of campaign, there's not even potential for something worth playing to me in that product. At least, I won't be putting any money into it. My brother might buy it which will mean I might play it. Now, this is only a rumor right now, but if it is the case, I'm curious how you guys feel about it.

• 
    Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like it might be concerning with the Blackout mode that they basically just said, "yeah, you know what it is, anyway, we don't have any footage". That seems to back the claims that the Blackout mode is a super late addition and kind of a panic button they hit.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have not been huge on the series in years, but the campaign has always been important to me. CoD4 and BOPS2 stand out for me especially.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I still cared about the multiplayer the lack of a campaign wouldn't have mattered to me. They've always been mindless junk food anyways

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#54 sweep  Moderator

If it was a WW2 themed battle royale then I would 100% be down to party.

My interest in other competitive multiplayer modes has dropped significantly though, especially with Call Of Duty, which now seems to attract the most obnoxious human beings on the planet.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By pweidman

Really doubt I'll buy BLOPS4 without a campaign. The campaigns are over the top but fun, and something I've always looked forward to. Many of them have been very good. But now we're asked to pay full price(an assumption but you know they will)for mp only? This comes off as a way to save production dollars, and/or a full on push to capitalize on the BR craze(Blackout Mode). Either way it stinks, and w/BF5 coming this fall too they will be in trouble sales-wise. Maybe they just said: Hey, we can't compete w/BF5 anyway, save some money by putting out less content and hope our BR mode catches on.

This poll is very interesting though. For the people responding who still care about CoD games, 7 times more said, in effect, that the campaign matters. Small sample size, but I think it relects the way the much wider CoD audience will feel/feels.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I dropped off after Modern Warfare 2...People went nuts over the story in Black Ops, so I eventually got a copy on the cheap. Meh.

pauljeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 1

If the reviews and player feedback is good post launch I’ll probably pick it up for Xmas

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.