Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Boom Blox Bash Party

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 19, 2009

Boom Blox Bash Party is a video game developed by EA Los Angeles and director Steven Spielberg for the Wii console. It is a sequel to Boom Blox, which was released on May 6th, 2008 in North America, and May 9th in Europe.

Boom Blox Bash Party

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r
    The game sounds like a must have, especially if you didn't purchase the original.

Nice Trailer:

Reviews so far:

100 - 1UP
    But online level sharing is definitely Bash Party's biggest strength -- it lets me pick and choose the levels I like most: The ones where destruction is the signature element.
    90 - Eurogamer
    There hasn't been too much mucking about with the brilliant gameplay mechanics and superb physics that made the original Boom Blox so much fun.
    90 - Nintendo Life
    Boom Blox: Bash Party is unquestionably the definite version of the game and tops its predecessor in every way possible.
    88 - Game Informer
    An engaging and well-done casual title, and stands as one of the best Wii franchises on the market. [June 2009, p.88]
    85 - GameTrailers
    Boom Blox: Bash Party is well-done, accessible, and fun, but it just doesn’t feel like a completely new game. If you never tried the original, Bash Party would be a great place to start. It’s hard to imagine someone picking up the game for the first time and not having fun with it.
    85 - GameSpot
    With strong multiplayer, new modes, and lots of destruction, this block-bashing sequel is ready for its spotlight.
    85 - IGN
    It's as though EA injected the experience with a serious supply of steroids. A ridiculous amount of fantastic new levels complete with unique attributes like varying physics, great new blocks and tools, a remade presentation complemented by a robust achievements system, a Boom Bux currency to buy upgrades, and more.
    80 - GamePro
    As a multiplayer experience, Bash Party succeeds but it's less a party and more of a social gathering.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

I already have the original and love playing with friends. I think I will wait a while and pick it up when it drops in price. Great scores so far.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Meowayne

The achievement system, the credits you get for doing good in levels, the greater functionality and, of course, the smooth user-created-content interface are most welcome additions that make a good game great.

Online-MP would've been nice. And for christ's sake, EA, it's 2009 and you still release stretched fakey-16:9 games? God, I hate the over/underscan issues on the console and I wish devs would stop doing that and putting out proper 480p/16:9.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

What's the level downloading/uploading interface like?

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Meowayne

As one would expect. You connect to the WFC, then select what type of map you wanna see (SP, MP, Freestyle), and then you can browse randomly, by date, by rating..
    The good thing is that it's fast. Very fast. With live 3D previews. No bothering loading screens.

Today, I was given an Independance-Day level with a White House to be blown up by a green beam. That's the kind of stuff that makes user-created content great. : D

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Meowayne

Surely there must be footage of the level sharing on youtube?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

Yeah I was bored... It looks pretty cool, near-instant download too? Good stuff...

I guess it uses some trickery where it just needs data for the arrangement of the level elements and such than actually downloading a level...

Or something along those lines.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Meowayne

Yes, of course. The information necessary for the game to put a custom level together is probably in the range of ~1kb.

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By JonathanMoore

Games like these usually drop in price very quickly round here, so when it goes, Ill definitely pick it up.

-- God Bless.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By ThomasP

I'll probably make the purchase after a price drop, or buy it used.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By BonOrbitz

The girlfriend and I busted it out over the weekend after not playing it for a year or so. It's still so much fucking fun with or without other players! Every Wii owner should be required to buy a copy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.