Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blood

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released May 31, 1997

Blood is a horror-themed first-person shooter that brings plenty of blood, gore, and dismemberment to the Build engine courtesy of its less-than-savory protagonist, Caleb.

Didn't giantbomb quick look this game? Help!

Lights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've recently been playing the Steam version of Blood and having an absolute blast. When I bought it I thought "oh yeah, I watched a quicklook of this game, must have been this steam version, I'll go watch that again", only to come on and find no such video.

So yeah I remember a quicklook of a game like Blood ("It was blood!!!" - my brain), possibly a build engine or doom engine game, but it was definitely an old game with sticks of dynamite and satanic stuff going on. Whatever it was, can anyone help me find it? It is really bugging me, and whatever it is I would probably like to play it or at least rewatch the quicklook.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hmm I don't recall this being shown on the site off the top of my head. Brad has played plenty of Doom II but that's all that comes to mind.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike
    Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't think there's a quick look or anything. Maybe they took a look at it on a UPF, as they recently played Redneck Rampage, which came out around the same time as Blood and was done in the Build engine as well.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They've definitely not done Blood, although they did play Redneck Rampage on UPF, another Build game with dynamite... maybe you're thinking of that?

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've revisited game of that ilk on UPF and other premium shows in the past. DOOM II and Redneck Rampage, as mentioned above. Also the original Shadow Warrior was on a UPF but I don't remember which one, and I'm sure Duke Nukem 3D was probably covered at some point.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By poobumbutt

@lights: Just throwing these out there, but just looking at steam images and comparing in my brain, it might have been Painkiller (10/10/14 UPF) or perhaps even that dumb hillbilly massacre Doom clone, but I can't imagine you watched the latter and said, "that looks like quality!" Painkiller, though, looks rad.

Edit: Redneck Rampage! That's the one. Dammit, never have I wracked my brain for so long over something so worthless.

Well... that's not true.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

A runner just finished running Blood on AGDQ a little over an hour ago if that helps.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By cornbredx

No, they've never done a video or game play on anything around Blood. They've talked about it occasionally in passing (when listing old first person shooters of this era), but they don't seem to have any fondness for it. They don't seem to dislike it; they just don't seem to care about it.

It is a great game, though. I played it a lot when it first came out. I still have those CDs.

"I live... again." Heard that opening line so many times. Love it. It's one of those games I'll never forget.

Lights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lights

Thanks for the help guys. Guess I better forget about it. Perhaps it was a different site.

@poobumbutt Going to go watch that painkiller upf though, thanks. Another game of the same ilk. The only true first person shooters are the ones involving satan.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mistaking a turd like Redneck Rampage with Blood (AKA the best Build Engine game). For shame!

Sinkjaer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@lights said:

Thanks for the help guys. Guess I better forget about it. Perhaps it was a different site.

If there is a chance that you are thinking of another site, it could possible be a Random Encounter with Danny O'Dwyer on Gamespot.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@lights: Farcry 4 kinda sorta involves Satan (Kyrat's equivalent, anyway), so I'm behind that!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.