Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue

Franchise »

A 2D fighting game series by Arc System Works developed as a spiritual successor to the "Guilty Gear" franchise, but eventually grown into its own universe with multiple spinoff stories and mainline expansions.

BlazBlue 3 (Chrono Phantasma?)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By DocHaus

Here, watch this while I go snap my BBCSEX disc in half. I'll be right back...

Well, for those of you who can't currently watch the video, it seems we finally have an honest-to-Buddha sequel for BlazBlue and not an overpriced expansion, called Chrono Phantasma, slated to be released this December. Some notes from the trailer:

• Three new playable characters confirmed. Not Kokonoe, Jubei and Saya (WHY?).
    • Amane: appears to be a Rule 63 version of Rose from Street Fighter. Has some special meter but I don't know what it does yet.
    • Bullet: similar to Makoto except angrier? Has a giant cannon strapped to her wrist that she can shoot people with. Wears a strip of denim across her waist that counts as "pants" in anime-world.
    • Azrael: A muscular brawling character who can teleport. Might be evil?
    • Noel has a slightly new costume (she ditched the NOL after the events of Continuum Shift. Her uniform shrank in the washer and she had to jury-rig something with the remaining cloth).
    • All older characters are returning, will have new special moves and/or Distortion Drives. All of them seem angry for one reason or another in the trailer. I'm hoping this isn't like a '90s-era X-TREME reimagining.
    • New HUD has a more...edgy look.
    • New default announcer is a few steps up from the one in BBCSEX. Not "good," but at least I won't have to put the TV on mute until I unlock a better voice. Maybe.

Discuss whether you think Mori's going to actually let someone make a BB anime next year, how long until the inevitable expansion is released, who will get nerfed into the ground, who will get buffed with an infinite combo, and your bets on whether or not Kokonoe/Jubei/Saya will be released as playable characters in DLC.

In before everyone's playing Persona 4 Arena instead.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By DocHaus

Must have been that damned continuum shift.

Mods, please lock this?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

@DocHaus said:

Must have been that damned continuum shift.

Mods, please lock this?

Lockification commencing. In the future please PM us.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.