Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 20, 2009

The second main installment of the BlazBlue series of fighting games, continuing Ragna's tale of manipulated time while revamping some of the original game's gameplay systems.

This games tutorial drives me insane. And some other stuff.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So I got the game from Christmas and after playing the tutorial I am already stuck. I can simply not pull off the Hell's Fang's move. I can pull off the hell's part but when I input the fang part the game does not recognize it, why? Also, the game for me, is looking ugly. For some reason they game screen is smaller than my TV screen and when I tried to fix it the whole game screen did not fix, how do i fix it? 

Thanks. ^__^

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Anyone?

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By shirogane

Ah? No idea what you're talking about.... 
    The tutorial on that is pretty clear what you're supposed to do. 

THe thing with the scree, i have no idea what you're talking about unless you give us a picture.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Shirogane said:
    " Ah? No idea what you're talking about.... The tutorial on that is pretty clear what you're supposed to do.  THe thing with the scree, i have no idea what you're talking about unless you give us a picture. "
    In the tutorial you need to pull of the moves Hell's Fang's which is down, down left then left and A then down, down, down left then left and D. For some reason when doing the seconds part (down, down left then left and D)  it does not work. And with the screen thing, have you ever seen a movie or something where there are black spaces because the movie doesn't fill the whole thing? that is what the game is showing for me, the game is not fitting in my screen properly.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By shirogane
    @NekuSakuraba:
    That's how it is normally. If you don't like it, go display settings and change it to type A instead of C. 
    I guess you're playing on a controller? On PS3? I have no idea what your problem is, i can pull of Hell's Fang and the additional attack fine.  
    On the D-pad it should be down back Square down back X. If you're using analogue...i has no idea, cause i found that horrible.
    Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Jaktajj
    @NekuSakuraba: 
    Ok, a few things - definitely check your controller settings, make sure 'A' and 'D' are assigned to the buttons you want them to be. As Shirogane mentioned, using a controller it's definitely preferable to use the D-Pad - you can just roll your thumb across the down, downback and back buttons. If your having no problems that way, then you need to experiment with the timing of the 'fang' part following the 'hell's' bit. Input the 'fang' part before the 'hells' move has finished and try inputting it at different times following the hell's part if it isn't working (its been a while since I've played Ragna so can't remember the exact timing, but you'll get it with a bit of practice!)

The black thing just sounds like a resolution problem, should be pretty easy to fix, what TV/screen are you using and how big? I'm fairly sure there's resolution options in the menus....?
    DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By DocHaus
    @NekuSakuraba: 
    Probably answered before, but the moment that Ragna is in the middle of growling "HELLS..." from (214A)  you should already be inputting the second move (214D). If you wait too long, Ragna won't launch the finisher. I've also written some info in a guide here. Hope it helps.

Wait until you're forced to learn about dash cancelling, that's gonna drive you up a wall.
    ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By ESREVER
    @DocHaus said:
    " @NekuSakuraba: 
    ....Wait until you're forced to learn about dash cancelling, that's gonna drive you up a wall. "
    THE NIGHTMARES!! THEY'RE COMING BACK! 

T_T

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.