Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 20, 2009

The second main installment of the BlazBlue series of fighting games, continuing Ragna's tale of manipulated time while revamping some of the original game's gameplay systems.

How's the online treating you?

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mwng

As the title suggests. Are you getting it handed to you by Bang? Do you feel like you're up against an army of the new Makoto? Or is your Ragna inferno dividing the leaderboards?

Just interested in the experiences of both new and experienced players online. So post some whining or bragging here!

McQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By McQuinn

I haven't played too much online, but yesterday I was in a full room of 5 Ragnas.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By luce

All the matches i had were with people at my skill level. I've met some great opponents as well

Overall I'm having a better online experience then in SSF4

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TwilitEnd656

I'm either kicking ass or getting my ass kicked. Hard. Though still relatively new to the fighting genre, I think I'm doing pretty well. I just wish I could play locally a bit more; playing against other players with disagreeable connections just annoys me.

Urmean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Urmean

Yesterday, I played an Icesword spamming Jin, and kicked his ass. 
    However, today, I encountered a rockin' Tager, Ragna, and especially, a Hazama. 

Goddamn he was flying combos all 'round

Still haven't had a rage quitter.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#6  Edited By Jazz

Well, I can actually get online for once. 
    It's not much changed from last time. Tager, Tager, Tager, Ragna, Jin, Ragna, Ragna, Lambda spam. 
    I won a game with Mokoto against Carl, but i think that was more to do with the lag cause it's difficult to find EU players at the moment, naturally. Otherwise i get my head handed to me due to some of the movesets being changed in regards to the DDs. goddamn Noel change..gaah.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64

Whenever I play this online I either fight some one who is a million times better then me or some spamming flowchart who also beats me.  That's when I say fuck this game and play some SSFIV.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By ESREVER
    @Jazz said:
    " Otherwise i get my head handed to me due to some of the movesets being changed in regards to the DDs. goddamn Noel change..gaah. "
    I know, right?! Why'd the have to change her Fenrir DD... Arghhh. That's my only gripe though, really. 

I haven't played online yet.
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By scarace360

well i was playing it pritty much all the time and then i had this GB tourny in ssf4 that i had to start practicing for so i havent been playing much but ya i go online and get my ass kicked.

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lemoncookie01
    wighti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By wighti
    @Jazz: 

Dunno about the lack of EU players. Atleast what I've seen so far, I can usually find a player room as soon as log in and get gamin'. (Not sure if you were talking about ranked matches, I'll agree that finding someone with a connection better than 0 is nigh on impossible in there.)
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jazz
    @wighti:  
    I never find anyone higher than zero on either player or ranked. Most of the time I can't get in cause the room is full or they set too high a connection limit. 
    I played a good ten matches against one guy earlier though..only had a tiny bit of lag so it was dooable once he stopped playing Tsubaki over and over again.
    DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By DocHaus

I've beaten about half my matches with Tager, and another 25% I could have won if I didn't do something stupid near the end.

With every other character, I have yet to win a ranked match. Then again, I've only played about 20-30 matches total online so far. Sorry, been a little too busy lately for hardcore BB:CS play, real life takes precedence.

wighti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By wighti
    @Jazz: 

Suppose that could be a connection issue on your end, for me it works pretty good with a 24/1 ADSL line. Hell, it's much better than what it was in CT, which is kinda odd since from what I've read, people are saying that the CT netcode was much better.

There's apparently a netcode fix in the works, much like there was one for CT - hopefully it'll clear up some of the connection issues. (Whenever it goes live that is)
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jazz
    @wighti:  
    Well I've got a 6mb line, but we are up a mountain in Spain here..so anything could be the problem. 
    It does seem to be a lot more stable though. Most of my matches are fine, but I've had a couple of rage quits for no reason (especially from someone playing Jin which made me laugh)

I vote for Tager to be removed from the roster and replace by robo carl. 
    Who's with me?
    Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vade

New Carl stuff is hard. Dropping all my combos and the lag isn't really helping. 

Oh well. That's the Carl I know.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jazz

At least no one thinks he's a girl.

Rek503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Rek503

I've been having a hard time getting ranked matches going. It took as long as 30 minutes to get one match going. A lot of the time I'll play the same guy several times in a row until he logs off.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mwng
    @Rek503: Hopefully that'll improve when European Xbox owners get their hands on the game this October.
    wighti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By wighti

Yeah, with the 360 version being region locked - I'm pretty sure you can count the amount of euro CS players on live with one hand.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DocHaus

Dear Internet,

Why do I keep finding myself playing against Noels who only know how to spam their Drive? And on a related note, why am I losing to them despite the fact that they only mash their Drive? Please advise.

Signed,
    [DocHaus] 

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mwng
    @DocHaus: SPRING RAID!!!111 

Still playing Tager? I'd try to give you some advice but I barely know how to play Tao, let alone any of the other cast members.
    DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DocHaus

According to the hive mind at Dustloop, the problem comes in A) not blocking enough, B) being a fucking scrub and/or C) trying to 360 grab as Tager when I should just be sledging after the initial Chain Revolver. I'll have to try it later when I feel arsed enough to play online.

wighti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By wighti

You definately have atleast a slight upper hand in that matchup due to the sledge, make good use of it. Something like a sledge followed by pokes will flat out beat almost anything sans an IB'd poke from Noel. Be wary thou, if the Noel can guess the timing right on your sledge he can 5D through it with invincible frames and you're looking at a 3.5k worth of your lifebar gone down the drain.

RagingWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By RagingWolf

I'm trying to figure out who main is going to be now that they nerfed Tao. I'm trying with Tsubaki but my air combos are terrible. I should probably dedicate more time to the game, but I'm also trying to finish up the rest of the Fallout 3 content I have left.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mwng
    @RagingWolf: Hazama seems a little Tao-esque if you've tried him yet?
    Urmean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Urmean

Ugh, I hate how people pick the option for rooms where the winner keeps playing. Got in a room against a Litchi player, and his hour-long combos kept him playing every round.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tunaburn

I just got the game yesterday. Never played the original. I am having fun with it. I traded in SSF4 and the transformers war for cybertron and got this game and put the rest into a reserve for black ops. I am enjoying the online in this waaaaaaay more than i did in ssf4. The matchmaking seems to be pretty good right now. Havent had much lag and have only fought guys that are pretty close to my skill.
    mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mwng
    @tunaburn: Just out of interest, who're you playing as? and who are most of your fights against?
    Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mcfart

I suck a lot, so I find myself losing more then I'ld like, but it's motivating me to explore the offline content, which is great for a fighting game to have.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By tunaburn
    @mwng said:

" @tunaburn: Just out of interest, who're you playing as? and who are most of your fights against? "

im using litchi mostly right now. ive only played like 10 fights online though. i think ive played mostly jin? i think its jin. its the guy that can freeze you in ice. seems a lot of people pick him. at least at the beginner levels of play. 

edit:  i played again today. i think im switching my main to Taokaka. i can combo into her specials easier. (even though im not good at it)
    Kaibar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kaibar

I'm curently maining Hazama and having a pretty good time with him although I'm new to the game. I actually had just one really lag-free session here in Europe (against another Hazama), but that might be because I'm playing at unusual hours.   
    All in all I'm having a great time with the game, much better than SF4 IMO.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.