Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 19, 2008

Widely considered a spiritual successor to the studio's Guilty Gear series, BlazBlue is a fighting game with highly-detailed hand-drawn character graphics and a story involving sorcery and science.

This is available as a Windows 8 app, how is it?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I saw this on the windows 8 app store today and was wondering if anyone had bought it. I have the trial version and I have access to all the characters but I'm wondering what's different in the paid version. I can only do score attack, versus, and arcade. I can also play 2 player. I am seriously considering purchasing it if they give access to all the regular modes, most especially training. I need to learn how to use the keyboard for this game!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@xyzygy: It's terrible. Jeff has blasted that version of the game on two separate occasions (one was on the second most recent podcast, I believe). You've seen the full extent of the game. Even when you buy it, there is no story mode, and there is no online multiplayer (according to Jeff).

I assume it's 2 player local? Also, I assume "Arcade" is different from the story mode? Jeff seemed very sure that it didn't have the story mode at all.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

if i recall the pc port is an emulated arcade cabinet .. i.e no home console options , its not that they took it out , it never was in this version

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The full version is the same as the trial version, it's just time locked 60 minutes I think, before it makes you buy it.

It's a fine version but not being to increase the resolution and have the art scale up to 1080p is a bummer.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xyzygy

Yeah, I guess it's just a lite version of the game. It's only 7 dollars, so I guess it's not like it's a rip or anything, but I still would rather have the full version with the training room. I spend so, so much time in training rooms... Thanks for the heads up everybody.

I don't think it's meant to replace the GFWL version, so I can understand it only having these 3 modes. Like I said, just a lite version.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No online, Sucks dont buy. I'd buy Pac MAc CE DX or Skulls of the shogun before this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.