Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 19, 2008

Widely considered a spiritual successor to the studio's Guilty Gear series, BlazBlue is a fighting game with highly-detailed hand-drawn character graphics and a story involving sorcery and science.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Footage

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

There's was a location test at the Ikebukuro Gigo arcade in Ogikubo recently, here's a bunch of footage a friend took:   

Thanks to JohnDang 

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Looks like the first one but, more.  If it's cheap, I will probably pick it up when it comes out.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Shadow

I can't even wrap my mind around stuff in the first one.  This just seems like that game but with more ways for people to kick my ass all over the place online.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

Well this sequel will include two new playable characters, Tsubaki Yayoi and Hazama, and a replacement for v-13, called  λ-11. The game will see old characters rebalanced and new moves added in place of some that have been removed. There will also be new backgrounds, and a new "Easy Mode" for beginners.  

My guess is that it will also see new features that will be seen in the European version of the original...  

Maybe it's just me, but I don't really see enough here to warrant a sequel so early, two new characters seems a bit measly, there should at least be four imo. But then perhaps the sequels changes make the game feel a lot different to the original...I guess time will tell. 

On another note, I hope Arc don't muck about this time, and announce this sequel's console release in all territories.  

smokeyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By smokeyd123

It looks pretty good, I just hope they balance the characters a little more as that's a problem I had with the original. Also releasing this as DLC wouldn't be a bad idea.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @smokeyd123 said:
    " It looks pretty good, I just hope they balance the characters a little more as that's a problem I had with the original. Also releasing this as DLC wouldn't be a bad idea. "

Despite what looks to be minimal changes on the surface according to what we do know, I cannot see the latter happening. This game is a direct sequel, not an update to the original game.  

They really need to throw in more characters for the console versions, if they don't I think most players will feel short changed... 
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

Dood, SOOOO much nicer!  The changes that I saw to Jin and Hakumen were pretty significant, especially in terms of damage and freeze time for Jin.  Much needed nerfing on him.  Hakumen looks to be slightly toned down, but he's still the boss character that he should be. 

Hakama, the smooth criminal lookin' muthafucker, is AWESOME!!!  I like his play style a LOT.  I'll definitely be working to main him. 

The UI is a bit slimmer and changed up, which I like.  There was too much UI clutter in Calamity Trigger, so seeing a change-up on the heat bar for a lower profile, as well as a change to the health bar, is really really nice. 

Overall, the improvements that I'm seeing in those videos will look small to those unfamiliar with the game, but they are actually some pretty BIG upgrades.  The one thing that I would STILL like to see them do is have the camera pan OUT, much like a SSB-type of thing, whenever your character starts using some verticality.  I understand the strategy of using it to disorient your opponent, but it's really a completely unnecessary thing. 

I'll definitely be picking it up.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Dan_CiTi

It depends on how Aksys handles this, but it looks like it fixes most of the problems I have with the first game. Let's hope they make the HUD simpler/more minimalistic.

Urmean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Urmean

As long as Bang is balanced up :|
    Also, Hazama is a smooth criminal.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By xyzygy

Looks awesome. Definitely going to pick this up.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#11  Edited By sjschmidt93

What's the difference between it and the one already out? 

I haven't picked up the original, still waiting for the price to drop, maybe I should wait for this?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.