Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 19, 2008

Widely considered a spiritual successor to the studio's Guilty Gear series, BlazBlue is a fighting game with highly-detailed hand-drawn character graphics and a story involving sorcery and science.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (Expansion)

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ

http://kotaku.com/5365769/blazblue-expands-with-continuum-shift

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger will be getting an expansion of sorts in BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, featuring at least one new character. That new addition would be Tsubaki Yayoi, a previously unplayable character featured in the original BlazBlue. According to details from Famitsu, we'll also get new stages and a refined HUD.

God... freakin'... DAMMIT!  Fucking expansions, I swear!  I think I'm going to sell my copy of BlazBlue right now and buy the new one when that comes out.  Maybe I should do the same with SF IV with the rumored SF IV Dash that will probably turn out to be true.  I'm happy that the game is expanding but I just don't have the cash to rebuy games that I have and that I love just because of these additions.  I feel I must, though...

Edit: Of course my complaints are all in the case that this gets a retail release and not also a release as DLC.  But giving it an official title like that, I doubt it will get a DLC release.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

I am seriously hoping this gets released as DLC too. There is no reason why all of us who had bought the original needs to buy a new game. Plus, wouldn't that make online playing not fair? Usually when games come out with an expansion you can't play with those who have the expansion... so that means that anyone who has CS and who has original BB won't be able to play together.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

More info on it:

- New Character: Tsubaki Yayoi
    - New moves
    - redone stages
    - You can play it in the “Game Center Hey” in Akihabara during Sep/26・27
    - Beginner mode: a mode which you can execute combos and super moves easier
    -New projectile for Carl.
    -More ways for Arakune to curse!
    -New Distortion Drive for Rachel (Could replace the old one, but probably not)
    -New dive for Ragna 

http://www.thebanzaieffect.com/articles/ooga/blazblue-continuum-shift-announced/    

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

This could be the version they are releasing in Europe, I guess it's nice that they might put out this version everywhere but couldn't they have just saved this stuff for BlazBlue 2? Theres no way I'm purchasing this again considering the amount I spent importing it in the first place. It'd be nice to see this stuff as free DLC but I'm not holding my breath for that.

The biggest annoyance with this though is the multiplayer, are the two versions going to be compatible? If so how is it balanced to allow some players access to extra stuff?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

People wanna boo-hoo about retail disc expansions.  Folks, we dealt with this plenty of times back in my day.  Whatever.  It's a retail re-release with additional features.  It happens.  If you don't want it, don't buy it.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xyzygy
    @FluxWaveZ: What! More ways for Arakune to curse!! I AM PUMPED! 

Arakune FTW
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    Here is a thread showing off new stuff like new portraits, moves, properties, system changes, and details like more animation & voice acting.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187
    @Dan_CiTi: DOOD!!!  They are nerfing Noel and Arakune hardcore!!!  AWESOME!!!  Meanwhile, it seems like Jin is just getting more balancing tweaks.  I'd like to see his bitch ass nerfed hardcore as well!  However, if that whole thing about the freeze being broken easier is true, then it'll be a blessing in disguise. 

I hate that they are nerfing Ragna, however.  I mean, seriously, all you have to do to beat Ragna is pick Jin or Noel. 

If you can't tell from my previous comments, I've only recently gotten into BlazBlue and I'm using Ragna.  
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @jakob187: I use Ragna and Arakune, so this looks ruff. But this is just a focus test and not the final version at all. I'm glad they are making Carl better, I may just use him.
    vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By vaiz

Have none of you seen the fifty bazillian iterations of Guilty Gear XX? Seriously, this shit is to be expected coming from them.

NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By NateDogg

I seriously doubt SF4 dash or Super SF4 wutever its gonna be called.. It will NOT be DLC. 
    Based on the rumours, they are making alot of changes where a patch would not be sufficient. 

And seriously? SF4 Dash won't even be out in arcades until next year at the earliest. That means it won't be on consoles till a year after the arcade release. You have plenty of time to enjoy your BB and SF4's before the new iterations are released.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @punkxblaze said:
    " Have none of you seen the fifty bazillian iterations of Guilty Gear XX? Seriously, this shit is to be expected coming from them. "
    That does not mean it should be done in this day and age.  There were plenty of iterations and SF II and the same with SF III, but we're in 2009.  Stuff changes and that should be one of those things.

Yeah, this stuff will surely be full retail releases.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By trophyhunter

blazblue dash

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PureRok

I wanted the pink-haired cat-lady as a playable character. I saw her in the story mode and was like "How the fuck do I unlock her?"

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This seems really soon. The game has been out, what, 3 months?

Urmean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Urmean

But I just bought BlazBlue ;_;

@SuperfluousMoniker said:

" This seems really soon. The game has been out, what, 3 months? "
    Technically, it's been out for nearly a year in arcades.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @jakob187 said:
    " People wanna boo-hoo about retail disc expansions.  Folks, we dealt with this plenty of times back in my day.  Whatever.  It's a retail re-release with additional features.  It happens.  If you don't want it, don't buy it. "
    It's not that we don't want upgrades but the original came out only a couple of months ago... It's freaking annoying that there is a better version being released so soon.
    vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By vaiz
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @punkxblaze said:
    " Have none of you seen the fifty bazillian iterations of Guilty Gear XX? Seriously, this shit is to be expected coming from them. "
    That does not mean it should be done in this day and age.  There were plenty of iterations and SF II and the same with SF III, but we're in 2009.  Stuff changes and that should be one of those things.  Yeah, this stuff will surely be full retail releases. "
    I agree wholeheartedly, I'm just saying old habits die hard.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @punkxblaze said:
    " @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @punkxblaze said:
    That does not mean it should be done in this day and age.  There were plenty of iterations and SF II and the same with SF III, but we're in 2009.  Stuff changes and that should be one of those things.  Yeah, this stuff will surely be full retail releases. "
    I agree wholeheartedly, I'm just saying old habits die hard. "
    Yeah, especially ones that prove to actually be profitable to them.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By ryanwho

Speak with your wallet and stop whining, god.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @ryanwho said:
    " Speak with your wallet and stop whining, god. "
    I'm whining because I don't have the luxury of having money that most of you guys do.
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By Shadow

Having just bought this game on a whim, I view this the same way I do Madden.  It has a few new things, but overall, it's the same game released a year after the first one.  Frankly, I don't want to wait a whole year (or so) before I play this game that if what I've seen on it is any indication, I will really like.  Same goes for Super Street Fighter 4

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @WitchHunter_Z: They won't  make the two games compatible for lots of reasons, and I doubt a game called "BlazBlue 2" will ever be released. I mean, look at what Guilty Gear 2 is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.