Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blacklight: Tango Down

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 07, 2010

A first-person shooter game for the PSN, XBLA, and PC from the team behind Saw and America's Army.

The problems with Blacklight: Tango Down

jessej07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By jessej07

This game is awesome, but: 
     -nobody plays it... it can take forever to get a game going, and when you do it's typically only 3 vs 3 and 2 people will usually quit. 
     -what does everything mean?  There isn't much of an explanation for things in the game... the hacking minigame in domination, the weapon stats, the way EXP works... 
     -the matchmaking system acts like modern shooters never existed.  Why is there no party system?  Why can't you search for a list of available games to join? 

Other than that I love the game.  What problems do you have with it?

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By schizogony

My problems are that most of the text is unreadable on my SDTV.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @jessej07 said:
    Why is there no party system?
    This is what has been keeping me away from it.
    If I bought it and liked it I'm sure I could convince my buds to get it - but there's really no point if getting on the same team is gonna be a hassle.
    jessej07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jessej07

The website is a joke ( http://www.playtangodown.com/).  It lists 3 maps... 2 game modes... "Coming Summer 2010"... The game is awesome but I feel like the just didn't quite finish the game and get to promote it.

Soffish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Soffish

I think spawn killing is a major problem, and the game isn't very good about communicating information to the player.

jessej07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jessej07
    @BlastoTheSpectre:  You're right, the game is terrible at communicating information to the player. 

It's like they made this great game and then decided they wanted it to end up being mediocre so they took out the stuff out that gets taken for granted in most games.  I don't understand how they messed this game up so bad, I feel like it plays great but it is just missing essential FPS elements. 

The chief problem with this game is that NO ONE plays it... it's really too bad.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By demontium

Sounds like crap according to most reviews. 

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax

I had fun with it while playing the Trial Version today.

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Cheapoz

Had high hopes for cheap thrills but ugh...

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Karl_Boss
    @schizogony said:
    " My problems are that most of the text is unreadable on my SDTV. "
    A lot of games have unreadable text on SDTVs
    Vitamin_Dei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Vitamin_Dei

I picked it up yesterday on Steam and put a few hours into it, so I feel justified in commenting now. So, problems from the PC player's perspective: 

• Peer-to-Peer: Honestly not the worst thing in the world, as I'm able to enjoy MW2 on PC. It does mean that instead of going where the players are, though, that you end up waiting for matchmaking to wrangle up enough of you to start a game in your chosen mode. So far this has meant that TDM games have been a bit smaller ( at least when the lobby is first assembled), and if you choose a less popular game mode you may be put into some compromising team makeups. I played a Domination match that was 3v2.
    • Spawn Camping: You'd think that the Hyper Reality Visor, a time-limited and rechargeable wall hack, would discourage camping. It does in some respects... you run into far fewer corner campers because you're all generally more aware of one anothers' positions on the map. The downside to this comes when you take the fixed spawn into consideration. Like TF2, for example, you spawn in your base. Using the HRV and higher ground, I've found that it's a very effective strategy to camp the opposing team's spawn, picking them off as they try to leave. What's worse is that it's possible for players to get around the turrets guarding the spawns and then camp from the inside.
    • Aim-Assist: It's on by default in the PC version, presumably because this game also supports the use of a controller. It can be turned off, but the presence of auto-aim in a PC shooter limit how seriously it can be taken in competitive play.
    • Visuals: A little rough, but hey... $15 game.

Rank also seems to bring some significant advantages in terms of the gear available to you, so a rank 12-13 player will dominate a lobby full of 1-4s. I can't say I'm entirely disappointed with the game given what I paid for it and my low expectations going in. And I will be playing it more, so we'll see how we all feel after a few weeks, but those are the glaring and immediate "problems" in my mind.
    jessej07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jessej07

The announcement of the sequel and the lack of the support I'm assuming this game will get has turned me off to the game (and its sequels) entirely.  Very disappointing.

CLemATic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CLemATic

ur missing one thing that is wrong with this game and that is it has ads stating that it Plays Best On Alien Ware LOL WTF i guarantee it plays better on custom
    Alien Ware's are just expensive dells

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.