Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock: The Collection

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Sep 13, 2016

Remastered versions of the BioShock trilogy in one collection.

Survival, no vita chambers, on new game plus.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Maybe I just don't remember, but if the original versions [Xbox 360, PS3, and PC] didn't have a new game plus for Bioshock, the collection version does. I had already gone through the entire collection, but I wanted to go through them again on the hardest with no vita chambers in the first two. Now, I'm not all about trophies and achievements, but I like getting them for some things, so what I was wondering about is if anyone knows whether you get a trophy still by completing the game on survival difficulty with no vita chambers, but on new game plus? I'm also curious if two has a new game plus. I doubt Infinite does, but that'd be interesting as well. It's pretty cool that Bioshock has a new game plus here.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mlarrabee: Good to know. Also, I guess the PS3 version had new game plus? Hm. I have it and beat it twice there, but don't remember there being any. I beat it most on the 360, and once on PC. It's pretty fun playing it this way.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail

I did this on my second playthrough of Bioshock Infinite. The New Game Plus mode was called 1999 mode. There's also an achievement for not using use the shops in that game, and I decided to go for both at the same time. Tough!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail: On the collection, or the original? In the original game, the 1999 mode is just the hardest difficulty setting, unlocked after you complete the game once, but it's not a new game plus.

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail: Only the original has new game plus; it started with the PS3 version, and then it came to the 360 when the Rapture collection came out just before Infinite was released.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ntm said:

@snail: On the collection, or the original? In the original game, the 1999 mode is just the hardest difficulty setting, unlocked after you complete the game once, but it's not a new game plus.

Completing the game once isn't necessary either. I played 1999 mode my first run and you unlock it by inputting the Konami code at the main menu.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayt: Yeah, I actually read that earlier, still though, if you don't know that, what's necessary is completing the game first.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does NG+ work? When does it give you all your equipment/plasmids?

It seems like a weird idea for Bioshock, because some of the early sequences in both games are dependent on the player not having certain plasmids. I imagine that Medical Pavilion becomes completely trivial, as most of the running around in that level is just to get the Telekinesis and Incinerate plasmids. Ryan Amusements would theoretically be completely skippable, as the whole goal of that level is to get the Incinerate plasmid to melt the ice off of the doors. Because of that stage alone I would not be surprised if NG+ is not a thing in Bioshock 2.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Justin258

How does NG+ work? When does it give you all your equipment/plasmids?

It seems like a weird idea for Bioshock, because some of the early sequences in both games are dependent on the player not having certain plasmids. I imagine that Medical Pavilion becomes completely trivial, as most of the running around in that level is just to get the Telekinesis and Incinerate plasmids. Ryan Amusements would theoretically be completely skippable, as the whole goal of that level is to get the Incinerate plasmid to melt the ice off of the doors. Because of that stage alone I would not be surprised if NG+ is not a thing in Bioshock 2.

I think it would be awesome if that was a thing, actually.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.