Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bionic Commando Rearmed

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 13, 2008

Bionic Commando Rearmed is a remake of the classic NES game, Bionic Commando. Although it was designed mainly as a marketing tie-in to the 360 and PS3 game also called Bionic Commando, it was actually far, far better received by critics than the real console game.

The Albatross

Mooshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mooshu

Anyone else having problems here? I can do the first part fine, where you gotta go into those 3 rooms to turn off the switches. I can do it without losing a life, and sometimes without losing any health too. But then the next part where you're outside... having trouble here. I'm not sure were to go really, I just follow the general direction of all those platforms. The problem is I cant really scout the screen or think about my next direction all that much because the fucking platforms collapse before I'm able too. One time I swung off the screen because I thought I had to keep going left, but it turns out at some point you gotta go down or up.

I know, it's difficult by design, but boy is it frustrating. I haven't gotten THIS frustrated since the 16 bit era... But I mean that in a good way, this game is pretty challenging. Though I kinda wish there was some kind of checkpoint after you finish the first 3 rooms... It's kinda dumb to breeze past that part (which is fairly long), only to have all of your lives eaten away in an instant in the next part.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Seppli

Jup! I get the 3 rooms just fine. But the outside part with the platforms is sooo hard. Got pretty far, but it gets only harder... then I fell. Oh man, this thing is hard as nails. Don't know yet, if I got it in me. Will try again tomorrow.

Oh god, I wish there was a checkpoint after the 3 rooms. Word!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Seppli

Did it. Just get the timing on your swing right. You got to get on a platform as it is up. Then keep your cool and tiptoe to advance. Once you figured that out. The passage becomes managable.

Tiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Tiz

There is solid footing twice that you can get to by swinging to the left. After that, it is possible to get to the leftest part possible, and then from there go straight up and swing right for solid footing again. From here it is a bit more safe and easy to explore as dropping down is not necessarily an instant death if it happens in a good place.
    I was getting very frustrated with this too and had to get the hint to go as up as possible at the lower left end. It is possible to just spam the hook up and climb all the way.

I'v now gotten to the last boss but have not yet beaten it. Maybe tomorrow... It takes such a long time to actually reach the boss that it is a bit frustrating to die there.

Bansheebot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bansheebot

As long as Hitler's head still explodes, then the struggle is worth it.

Tiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tiz
    Bansheebot said:
    "As long as Hitler's head still explodes, then the struggle is worth it."
    true
    Mooshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Mooshu
    Bansheebot said:
    "As long as Hitler's head still explodes, then the struggle is worth it."
    You will not be disappointed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.