Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

Bayonetta

• 58 results
    JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By JoeyRavn

Oh, hey, people dissing the Wii U. That's a novelty. I will never understand the amount of pure hatred that a console may generate. But then again, we're talking about the same type of reaction that DmC had. Fuck the haters. Bayonetta 2 will rock on Wii U. Don't want to play it? Your loss.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By evanbower

@TooWalrus said:

@LikeaSsur said:

@Canteu said:

Yes it's a bummer that Bayonetta 2 is not going to be played by anyone who loved Bayonetta.

Speak for yourself.

I... will probably buy a WiiU for Bayonetta 2. I can honestly say that I can't think of a single other reason to buy one- at the moment, anyway.

Yeaaaah, I own a Wii U. I think things might have actually worked out well for Platinum.. Nintendo is a company with both a lot of money and a desperation to get some third party support so they can continue to have money a few years from now. So, in theory at least, Platinum have probably fallen into a situation where they can get the resources they really need to do a sequel right, which even in better times might not have been the case with Sega. Can't wait.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By BoOzak

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@Miketakon said:

@HisDudeness: Keep this in mind Resident Evil 4 was Nintendo exclusive at one point.

The problem with this logic is that Nintendo didn't publish Resident Evil 4 after Capcom sold them the rights to the entire franchise, because that's exactly what happened with Bayonetta. Sega is a company of fools, and Nintendo took advantage of that fact.

Didnt it also take them close to a year to localise the game? I remember pre-ordering the Japanese version for PS3 but promptly cancelled it when I heard how bad of a port it was.

& Yes the game is pretty great I just played through it recently on 'Non-Stop Climax' only to realise I was still missing a bunch of weapons, after looking at the Wiki it's insane how much crazy shit they packed into that game.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By JazGalaxy

@CptBedlam said:

Bayonetta is weird. I do remember snippets that make absolutely no sense, almost as if I had a blackout after getting drunk. I still know that at some point I was driving a motorcycle upside a rocket that was flying into space... and then I must have passed out or or something and eventually everyone was dancing.

I don't feel like saying bayonetta is weird is quite fair. Twin Peaks is weird. Bayonetta is nonsensical. Giving Bayonetta credit for having a story is like giving Rob Liefield credit as an artist.

That being said, all this love is making me want to try the game again. I had to try KOTOR 3 times before I liked it, and once I liked it, I loved it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#55  Edited By Humanity

@JoeyRavn said:

Oh, hey, people dissing the Wii U. That's a novelty. I will never understand the amount of pure hatred that a console may generate. But then again, we're talking about the same type of reaction that DmC had. Fuck the haters. Bayonetta 2 will rock on Wii U. Don't want to play it? Your loss.

It's not as simple as "dont want to play it your loss" it's more like I don't want to buy an entirely new console that I have no interest in to get the opportunity to experience a sequel to one of my favorite games of all time. I'm not dissing the Wii U here either, it just doesn't cater to any of my gaming needs, and if Bayonetta 2 will not get ported to current or next gen consoles because of Nintendo exclusivity then that will be a big loss to a lot of gamers out there. Naturally a lot of people who experienced the game on 360 or PS3 are a little upset that the followup is not happening on the same hardware - especially since despite this amazing economy and everyone being so rich not everyone owns every console under the sun. Thats not even an economic issue, as some simply don't care to own every console because they do the bulk of their gaming on either PC or one of the big two.

So just to be clear - I'm not saying its ok to diss the Wii U as thats childish, but just trying to show why some people might be upset about it coming out on that particular console.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By JazGalaxy

@JoeyRavn said:

I think a lot of the strong reactions things get in gaming is due to opportunity cost and the fact that gaming is ultra, ultra trend-driven. If a developer is making one game, or making a game a certain way, that means it necessarily CAN'T be made another way. Also, if a game makes a left turn from what it was previously, the old way is pretty much done, for better or worse.

I can't tell you how many games I've had a strong reaction to just because they meant the death of something I loved. For instance, I remember the strong love my brothers and I had to the PC game Alone In The Dark. The first game was amazing, the second game was good, and the third game was only alright. So you think I'd be fine when they changed the game to a new, younger, edgier protagonist and made the game more like Resident Evil? Heck no. I was fit to be tied. I had to mourn the death of the potential that the series had as it chased what was trendy at the time.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#57  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Lazyaza said:

I can only assume Bayonetta 2 will eventually make its way to PS4 and 720. Exclusive deals don't last forever more often than not and I'm sure it being released on other platforms is merely a matter of time and money.

Least that's what I hope, gosh is the first game so fantastically stupid it's brilliant.

Even if after the deal expires, are they going to want to put the extra money/effort into porting the technologically obsolete follow-up to a niche title that didn't originally sell well enough to warrant a sequel to begin with? I'm going to be shocked if Bayonetta 2 sells more than 200k copies.

Don't get me wrong, I'm there day-one with wallet in hand even if I don't own a WiiU yet, but at most this is going to be a feel-good moment for the core audience that helps move a couple hundred more consoles. It's an interesting blip in the history of video games.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#58  Edited By Mnemoidian

Yeah, Bayonetta is awesome - even the PS3 version (which is now fixed, AFAIK?) has something of an unfair reputation. The loading times (loading time for pause menu!?) were bad, but not bad enough that you should have avoided it if it was your only vector of Bayonetta worship :)

It's a shame about the WiiU exclusivity, I can't justify picking up a WiiU just to play Bayonetta 2, and I've not seen enough other titles that impress me sufficiently. ... but let's not turn this into a WiiU debate.

Anyway, it's got some great music that is unlikely to leave you for years to come! ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.