Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battle Royale

Concept »

A multiplayer mode that pits a large number of players (typically 100) in a winner-takes-all, last-person-standing battle as they scavenge and fight for survival. These games typically take place in a shrinking play zone.

Unnecessary Battle Royale Pitches

• 68 results
    Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

@creepyunclebrad: Yeah, as I typed out my Burnout Royale idea I actually started to think that it sounded alright. I suppose it's what that other vehicle one is kind of going for - Burnout Royale will have no weapons though!

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

@topcat88: I’d actually imagine that this ends up feeing like Portal Royale...lots of dimensional tears to navigate...

tricky69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Cooking Mama Battle Royale

100 players drop into a kitchen and must cook 100 chicken dinners and then eat them. Winner gets a chicken dinner, with apple crumble and custard for dessert.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

100 Spaceships warp into a star system with a bunch of planets, moons, asteroid belts and stuff big enough to explore for loot. A nebula is closing in.

saytay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gundam Builder Battle Royale - 100 plastic model gundam torso drop onto an island full of model kit limbs and head and weapons, and you basically kitbash your way to the last gundam standing.

holdon this actually sounds like something I want...

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

One that I would actually be interested is Sea of Thieves Battle Royale

100 players spawn on islands all around the current map. There's only one boat per island, so players have to decide if they'll start murdering each other right away or band together into crews to get a better chance in the late game fights. A circle draws the ships closer and closer, leading to increasingly furious naval combat. Finally, once all the other ships have been sunk, the crew of the last ship fights itself to deem the victor.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@isomeri: I thought this was going to be a goof at Sea of Thieves’ expense, but yeah, the fragile alliance nature of that game would make that sort of mode interesting.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Not enough battle royale announcements at E3. I thought it was gonna be like every other game, what happened?

nasher27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Farmville Royale.

100 Players are dropped into 1500 acres of farmland and have to fight over territory to produce the best crop and own 100% of the stocks for the area.

Avatar image for anonymous_jesse
    Anonymous_Jesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Anonymous_Jesse

Rock, Paper, Sissors Royale.

Exactly the same size map as pubg, but when you fight you use the classic, proven skilful game of Rock, Paper, Sissors.

You still drop from a plane and choose your location as getting a tactical advantage is all important.

Dotted across the map is randomised loot drops that give you the edge in the upcoming battles. Your enemy will have no chance when you face him wearing our marketing partners cosmetic items. We have hats, shoes and all those other clothes you crave to put on your skin.

For joining our preorder program you and up to one friend can help us make the game lending us your creative powers to give us music, lore, assests and ideas that fuel out creative endeavours.

Remember when that circle closes in and your in the top ten the choices you make will determine the outcome.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Man's (Standing) Sky. 100 players dropped into a galaxy. If you meet another player, you both die. Every two minutes, the galaxy shrinks, forcing everyone together. Winner is the person who is the least sociable.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Not enough battle royale announcements at E3. I thought it was gonna be like every other game, what happened?

I honestly think most developers are going to put the mode in after their game launches, not promote it before hand. What they truly want to capture is teh ability to sell gear long terms as their player base plays the game. The key to what publishers want is a "selling marketplace" that works like we believe Battle Royal games will work. So, if they can do that without saying the words...meh, that fine with them,I imagine.

So we will see that mode (or a similar mode) meant to keep engagement high, and you will definitely see cosmetic gear for sale; however, that word battle royal might be less used than we think.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

@monkeyking1969: Yeah, seems like everyone came to the same conclusion. I was kinda looking forward seeing the joke become a reality. lol Remember that one E3 when every Ubisoft game pulled out to a bird's-eye-view like Watch_Dogs implying some connective experience.

I'm still surprised there wasn't at least one battle royale presentation. Seemed like Microsoft thought about doing one at some point but opted not to. Seeing them start their conference with Halo Infinite, I thought that's where they were going. They had all those Xboxes on their stage and it all went to waste. I guess they used 4 of 'em for Forza but those guys didn't look like they were playing that demo at all so that was weird.

archnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Player Unknown's Battle Royale.

100 Islands are dropped onto a giant randomly generated person. The last island to win is the winner.

Avatar image for cursethesemetalhands
    CurseTheseMetalHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Animal Crossing Royale (aka Tom Nook's Collection Day, aka Fuck You, Pay Me): 100 indebted mayors are thrown into Tom Nook's Debtors' Prison Thunderdome. Players have 30 minutes to collect, borrow, barter, steal and murder to acquire the necessary bells to make their payments. Instead of an enclosing Circle of Doom, there's just a giant clocktower in the center of the map that's visible from even the farthest edges, counting down to Collection Day. At First Bell, Nook appears to each player out of a puff of purple smoke and any player that doesn't have X amount of bells on them gets their fingers broken, causing severe crosshair sway and making item collection take longer. Second Bell, if you can't make your payment you get your kneecaps shattered, leaving you to crawl the rest of the game. Third Bell, Nook gets his money or you get your throat slit. Sometimes there are no winners.

breq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, same here. It looks like so far, EA and Activision were the only major ones to fall into the trap.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I'm surprised we haven't got a Royale with Cheese yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.