Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Origins

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Oct 25, 2013

Two years after beginning his crime-fighting career, Batman faces his toughest challenge ever when the crime lord known as Black Mask hires the eight deadliest assassins in the DC Universe to kill the vigilante who has been interfering in his operations.

How is this game?

• 57 results
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@me3639: I wouldn't call it excellent, but I certainly enjoyed it, and liked it more than City. Asylum is still the best in my opinion though. While I personally was extremely disappointed in City, I still find it hard not to recommend since so many did like it.

@theacidskull: I don't expect people to read through the entire thing, but I bumped the thread yesterday saying I bought it, and again just 50 minutes ago saying I beat it. You can reply to that if you'd like, or not.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

@ntm said:

@me3639: I wouldn't call it excellent, but I certainly enjoyed it, and liked it more than City. Asylum is still the best in my opinion though. While I personally was extremely disappointed in City, I still find it hard not to recommend since so many did like it.

@theacidskull: I don't expect people to read through the entire thing, but I bumped the thread yesterday saying I bought it, and again just 50 minutes ago saying I beat it. You can reply to that if you'd like, or not.

Didn't really pay attention, so I missed the fact that you were the one who made the thread. Sorry about that.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

@me3639 said:

I just started AO yesterday and as one who thinks Asylum is one of the best VG ever this is more of just an evolution of that game. Also, i did not play the previous Batman game so that might skew my opinion slightly but from what i have played so far it is excellent.

you should blog your reaction as you play the game. It'd be interesting read.

I'm replaying Arkham Asylum again, I seem to replay it almost 2 times a year

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ntm: You should update your original post to say you bought it and beat it, if only to curb the many responses you may get echoing the entire first page. =D

It's good to hear that you liked it. I bought it on a Steam sale a while ago at a really reasonable price, but I only now have a PC that can comfortably run it. I've been wondering if it would be worth my time, and now I think I'll dive into it. I loved City, but with a few years to reflect on it, Asylum was definitely the better game. Much better atmosphere and such, and the asylum as a setting lent well to the "metroidvania" type gameplay of unlocking the path forward, which was all but gone from City.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Joker and Alfred storylines really won me over. I think it's worth playing. The detective stuff is enjoyable to work through the first time as well. I think the Giant Bomb guys were being a little foolish to shrug off this game, even though it's a cash grab. To anyone on the fence, go for it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cerberus3dog: I thought there could have been a little more cohesion; the tone from Alfred kind of felt abrupt from his casual talk to straight forward talk, and a lot of it felt unoriginal as well, almost taking what the Nolan films did. I still enjoyed it though and felt it worked better than what was in City.

@animathias: Yeah, good point, thanks. I did enjoy this game, but, as you say you're going to dive into it, I won't readily say you will. I hope you do though. I didn't think it was superb, but it was really good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.