Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Atlus

Company »

Atlus is a Japanese game developer and publisher.

Has Atlus had Success on the 360?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By nightriff

My understanding is that Catherine was the first Atlus game to be on the 360 (correct me if I am wrong please). I really curious if they have success on this platform. I assume and stereotype that most fans of Atlus are Sony platform owners and typically get their games on this platform. So how did Catherine and P4A do on 360? I just don't see the large majority of their demographic that excepting of their type of games.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RE_Player1

I know Catherine sales were much better on the PS3 compared to the 360, even in North America PS3 trumping 360. Not sure how Arena did on either platform.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By nightriff

@msavo: I would've thought all the 360 people bought it cause it was a sexy game about sex, not realizing it was a block puzzle game

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By mikey87144

@msavo said:

I know Catherine sales were much better on the PS3 compared to the 360, even in North America PS3 trumping 360. Not sure how Arena did on either platform.

About the same way. More on PS3 though it would've been better had Atlus not decided on region locking the game.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Pazy

Atlus did a couple other games before Catherine, mainly Spectral Force and Operation Darkness (both strategy RPG's) but also some random Zoids (anime) game which I think is turn based as well. I think they also did Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga which is a standard, but fun, open world RPG like Oblivion.

Although I dont think any of those have ever sold really well, I think the best Atlus has ever done is remain profitable.

Though dont talk about P4A, its still not release in the EU and region locked :|

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I really hope they did well enough for Atlus to release Persona 5 on the 360.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I hope Catherine and P4A did well everywhere. Both are fantastic games.

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By neurotic

@NoobSauceG7 said:

I hope Catherine and P4A did well everywhere. Both are fantastic games.

I'm sure if they were released in Europe the same time as everywhere else in the world they would have done fine here. As it is, I expect many owners of both consoles imported Catherine for PS3. P4A has sold exactly zero copies in Europe. So, no I guess they didn't.

Atlus knows it has a US market so it will continue to develop for the 360.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By NoobSauceG7

@Neurotic: Yea it is a shame that P4A hasn't come out in Europe yet.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By alternate

They did okay. Atlus keeps costs down and thus has reasonable expectations. The is why they love the PS2 and the DS.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mutha3

I remember reading that the split was even across PS3/360 with Catherine in the west. Catherine's Japanese sales on the 360 were also shockingly high, despite still being the sheer minority in sales.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AlexW00d

@Pazy said:

Atlus did a couple other games before Catherine, mainly Spectral Force and Operation Darkness (both strategy RPG's) but also some random Zoids (anime) game which I think is turn based as well. I think they also did Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga which is a standard, but fun, open world RPG like Oblivion.

Although I dont think any of those have ever sold really well, I think the best Atlus has ever done is remain profitable.

Though dont talk about P4A, its still not release in the EU and region locked :|

Atlus published Divinity 2? That seems strange to me for some reason.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pazy

@AlexW00d said:

@Pazy said:

I find it odd too, especially since they dont appear to have published the original only the update/expansion package issued later.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Animasta

@AlexW00d said:

@Pazy said:

they're also kind of an indie publisher in the west, they're publishing Zeno Clash 2 as well

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AlexW00d

@Pazy said:

@AlexW00d said:

@Pazy said:

I find it odd too, especially since they dont appear to have published the original only the update/expansion package issued later.

I wonder if they published the re-re-release or is that just PC only?

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Zippedbinders

Atlus games are always successful because of how they handle printing and distribution. They have a lower overhead and don't over produce and ship copies, which is why any time they have to reprint, its a fairly big deal. I would assume they've been successful enough on 360 since they keep putting their games on it.

I usually get the PS3 version of most Japanese games since that tends to be the better version (ignoring Bayonetta), since, you know, Japan. So I'd assume most other people would do the same.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.