Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alpha Protocol

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 27, 2010

Control rogue agent Michael Thorton as he tries to unearth an international conspiracy in the near future (where everybody seems to have a hidden agenda or two) in this third-person action RPG.

If you like spies, give Alpha Protocol a shot if you skipped it!

• 55 results
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#51  Edited By Chris2KLee
    @cgoodno said:
    " @Laketown said:
    " @cgoodno said:
    " I would love to see someone buy up the IP and fix all of the mismanaged portions of the game.  It really has some potential and just needs some gameplay balancing and removal of some of the stuff that just doesn't make much sense.  It takes a while to get into the game and you are pretty limited in 'effective' skills early on, but once you get into it, it does flow pretty well. "
    Obsidian does own the IP, sega just won't publish it; They wouldn't want to make an AP2 anyway, Avellone said they would do a spiritual sequel. "
    That's my point, though.  Obsidian made the first and the people in charge of direction and design really made some major mistakes and mismanaged the heck out of it.  I'd rather they sell it to someone else and let them fix the issues from the first in a true sequel.  if they made a 'spiritual successor', it would likely be lead by the same producers who f'd up the first one. "
    There is nothing about the IP of Alpha Protocol that is integral to making another spy RPG. The characters were kinds fun, but I don't feel they'd be needed for a sequel. I say either make a whole new universe or license some spy IP (Bond, Bourne, Burn Notice) and then make a game around that. I would love it if Bioware actually took a crack at it, as the part where Obsidian failed (the gameplay) is the part Bioware has been very successful at.
    cgoodno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By cgoodno
    @Chris2KLee said:
    "There is nothing about the IP of Alpha Protocol that is integral to making another spy RPG. The characters were kinds fun, but I don't feel they'd be needed for a sequel.  "
    I'd rather it contain the same characters, setting, overall storyline concept, etc.  I know it's not necessary for a spy RPG, but would prefer it continue from a good base that was screwed over by some poor gameplay design decisions.
    PatVB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By PatVB

If you like competent shooters, skip Alpha Protocol if you're planning on giving it a shot!

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#54  Edited By Chris2KLee
    @cgoodno said:
    " @Chris2KLee said:
    "There is nothing about the IP of Alpha Protocol that is integral to making another spy RPG. The characters were kinds fun, but I don't feel they'd be needed for a sequel.  "
    I'd rather it contain the same characters, setting, overall storyline concept, etc.  I know it's not necessary for a spy RPG, but would prefer it continue from a good base that was screwed over by some poor gameplay design decisions. "
    I wouldn't mind being able to continue my game Mass Effect style, but from a purely business perspective, it's probably just wiser to wipe the slate and start clean. They'd have to get the IP back from Sega, and then release a sequel to a product that was heavily criticized (I'm sure the marketing team would be thrilled). Best to start clean and treat it like a dry run for something better.
    Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By shivermetimbers

Is this game worth $30? That's half of the $60 retail price and I think I can forgive the dice-rolling.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By sixghost

For anyone who played through it, can you elaborate on what Vinny was talking about when it comes to how to set up your character? It seemed like he was suggesting that you dump the majority of your points into a couple categories, but could you be more specific than that?

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By mazik765

This game bugged me because it was SO CLOSE to being a fantastic game. Great story, great dialogue, great characters, but terrible fucking gameplay and by far the stupidest sneaking animation I have ever fucking seen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.