Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 20, 2008

Age of Conan is a massively multiplayer online role playing game set in the Conan lore.

Funcom investors jumping ship

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By KindGalaxy
    Link to the article

There has been a 60% decline in share price since launch, and the Xfire activity stats are showing users playing AoC has declined by over 50%. Hopefully they can do something to assure their investors or we could have a bumpy ride in the near future.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Hamz

The game needs to die, to be honest FunCom have broken it before it was even finished. It felt like we were paying to play a beta stage version of AoC and it still feels like this months after release.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Cube

Yeah I unsubbed.

Avatar image for jollywhitegiant
    jollywhitegiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By jollywhitegiant

I'm enjoying the game but clearly there is room for a lot of improvement. Even if it AoC can't bring out the numbers of some of the more popular games out there, I don't think that means that it isn't worth playing.

Hopefully they can sort out the games major issues as well as communicating a bit more truthfully the status of pending updates (such as the PVP update).

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Vlademir
    Hamz said:
    "The game needs to die, to be honest FunCom have broken it before it was even finished. It felt like we were paying to play a beta stage version of AoC and it still feels like this months after release.
    "
    Agreed. My friend and I were interested in it but then I noticed Warhammer Online, he pre-ordered AOC while I waited. I didn't think AOC would be very good after hearing about how buggy and unbalanced it was from people in the beta. He ended up only playing for a few weeks and then I played at his house and didn't like it much. I was also surprised by now much content wasn't in the game yet (bar fights for example). Hopefully Warhammer Online doesn't follow the same fate, it seems to be fairely ready so far so I'm keeping my hopes up.
    xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By xymox
    Link to the article said:
    Xfire activity statistics (another topic that will get you banned on the Age of Conan forums)
    Game has gone from 75 000+ hours to the current 12 233 hours.

highest rank: #4 on 2008-06-01
    current rank: #22
    3,548 users playing per day (current #4 has around 30 000 users, in the #1 spot wow has 95 000 users)

What happened to this game?
    whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By whyzenheimer

Almost went to work for these guys on a friend's recommendation.  Glad I laughed it off, but he was pretty offended at the time because he thought he was doing me a favor.

This will be fun to bring up  :)

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Rowr

what a pity.

I sure would like to see something massively online do well aside from WoW

altdimension

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By altdimension

Figures, I had really high expectations for this game. In fact so much so that I went and bought a whole new PC so I could run the game on high settings. After one month of playing the game it was easy to see that the game was hugly unfinished, broken in places and lacking lots of content that had been promised for launch. The real thing that got on my nervs when I was playing was the fact the the classes where so unbalanced, it was crazy and being on a PvP server made it even worse as players would just roll as the most overpowered class. It's a real shame to be honest.

Despite all this I do plan to come back to the game after it's been fixed and decent content has been added and the bugs have been fixed, I mean I do have a really nice PC becuase of it.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By BiggerBomb

It's a shame they couldn't create a quality game based on R.E. Howard's Conan universe. The guy was a genius and his books are some of the best I have ever read. Funcom needs to learn how to make a game that is actually playable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.