Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 20, 2008

Age of Conan is a massively multiplayer online role playing game set in the Conan lore.

AoC now has a free 7 Day Trial

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By OGCartman
    Those bitches stole my idea!!

Haha, just to let you all know, they finally got a fuckin trial up.

I stuck with this game for about 2 months before i got frustrated and left. The game has really advanced though, if it was the lack of content or bugs that made you quit/not start, i really suggest checkin it out, this games gone a long way.

I remember when everyone was asking about a trial, well here it is. IMO its an extremely fun game, bloody combos and chopping off heads really feels good after playing other MMOs. If your a fan of the genre, youd be stupid not to check it out, especially now.

http://www.ageofconan.com/trial/

This is a brutal fucking game, try it out!
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pazy

Even a trial dosent make me want to play this game. Nothing to do with the game but the MMO genre in general. Personally I find trials dont really work with MMO since its such a short time. Even with the 30 days from purchasing an MMO I generally dont get far enough to differentiate it from other MMO's or get invested in it. Plus for most MMO's (except Everquest wierdly) you have to download the entire game to try it which for most "modern" recent MMO's (except Eve Online I think) is 3gb's plus which for me is unacceptable since i can download at a max of 120kb/s and theres people with worse connections. Especially since I tried to start Star Wars Galaxies and my trail ended before I downed it :| Had to make another account to try it out for a few hours and realise I didnt like it.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60

They improved it so much since launch.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Gunner

WoW has most of my spare time so idk. I might try it out on my day off though.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By carlthenimrod

I tried AoC like a month ago and I still couldn't get into it. I had fun for like a week and then I was done. There still seems to be a lack of endgame to me.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TheFreeMan

So, I'm getting the trial now. I thought that the hour of waiting for the downloads was a-okay.

But now I have to wait ten hours until I can play the damn game? Holy living shit. Maybe I should leave my computer on overnight or something.

Anyone have any recommendations for people just starting? Also, can you re-download the trial again/multiple times? DO you have to wait the 11 or so hours, if so?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64

If it was free to play then I would buy that game easily.

felony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By felony
    @JJOR64:    I quit the game after launch but returned in March and am still having a blast. I don't mind paying for ongoing entertainment.   If you do try it,  try the game on a few different servers though. I hated the game on Agony, but ended up loving it on Cimmeria.  The servers are vastly dfiferent in terms of people and how they act.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.