Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Achievements

Concept »

Achievements are extra challenges added into video games that sometimes carry a point value or unlock bonus material, and are sometimes solely for bragging rights.

What are Sessions anyway?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By natetodamax

I'm sure someone has answered this somewhere, but I still don't know what they are. When viewing your achievements on GB, the graphs show you your average sessions with different games and genres. Is this how many times I have played them or something?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

I believe a session is the playtime since you start playing the game until you stop playing it.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RsistncE
    @Snail said:
    " I believe a session is the playtime since you start playing the game until you stop playing it. "
    Like on any given day? Like let's say I played Assassin's Creed 2 today for 2 hours, then session data for that day would be 2 hours? Or does it include all days?
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail
    @RsistncE: I think a session would be just those two hours. I might be wrong though, so you can always PM a Mod just to be sure.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax
    @Snail: If that's true, then what do the numbers mean? It says my session for BF1943 is 67
    Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Bigandtasty

I'm not sure about the numbers on the first graph, where it compares your session data with the GB crew. I feel like that's playtime-related, since how could you log 36 sessions in one day, but I'm not sure.

But the charts that show you what game/genre you have played the most are purely based on how many times you launch the game.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MKHavoc
    @natetodamax: All it means is that you played the game 67 times.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.