Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By Tylea002

Taken 2 1/5

Unless you imagine the whole film is a hallucination from Liam Neeson in a mental hospital. In which case 5/5.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By NTM

Eh, I went on Xfinity and watched The Sitter yesterday morning, just because. I'd give it a 2.5 out of 5. It's not a good comedy (or movie in general I guess I should say), it's not really even OK. It's mediocre at best.

thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By thebatmobile

Looper

4/5

Fantastic movie! JGL is amazing as a younger Bruce Willis.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By AhmadMetallic

The Dark Knight Rises - 4/10

It is a movie about Batman called The Dark Knight (aka Batman) Rises, long as fuck (like 3.5 hours?), where Batman, the character the movie is about, appears for about 30 minutes of footage. It is a movie based around a kickass superhero dude whose tale has a touch of drama, a lot of atmosphere and some amazing high tech action, yet the movie cranks up the drama and philosophy talk and gives the antagonist the most screen time where he doesn't even do anything but talk and talk.

How the man who crafted Inception farted out this piece of shit is beyond human logic.

P.S. Also the fact that Nolan put so many of Inception's actors into DKR made me feel like I'm watching a fucking Monty Python movie, like it's some sort of "cast sequel" to Inception. What the fuck was he thinking?

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MikeGosot

I watched Oldboy with my girlfriend, and it was the third time i watched that movie.
It is simply amazing, it tells the story of man who was locked in a room for 15 years, and when he gets out, he tries not only to get his revenge, but understand why he was locked into that room. It is masterfully crafted, and it plays with your emotions in a way i have never seen before. The mistery of why he was locked is played in an itneresting way too: You learn clues along with the main character, in a way that you can't find what happened before it is revealed. And because of that, the climax is one of the best i have ever saw in my whole, fucking, life.
I give it 1 "You should watch that movie right now" out of 1.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#57  Edited By EarlessShrimp

The last movie I can recall was bait. It was bad, but... no it was just plain bad. When you go into a movie with the idea that it's basically the mist with sharks, you'd be excited too. But alas, my hopes were dashed when the sad acting and writing made me want stop watching at every turn. I couldn't even enjoy the terrible, HORRIBLE CG shark at the beginning. 4/10 Shark Teeth

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Boogie Nights: A bit derivative, but a well-acted, shot, and mostly entertaining piece of cinema. 4/5.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#59  Edited By Sooperspy

Exit Through The Gift Shop - 5/5

Great "Documentary" on graffiti artists.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Clonedzero

Cabin in the woods.

i'd say 5/5. its a surprisingly good movie, super fun and kept my interest locked on the screen the entire time. sure its not scary or anything, but its not trying to be. its more of a horror-comedy and it does it fantastically. i really loved it at least.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#61  Edited By recroulette

Resident Evil: Damnation 4/5. The best Resident Evil property released this year, hands down. 

captain_max707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By captain_max707

The last movie I watched was Torque...

It was quite a movie.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#63  Edited By Video_Game_King

@RecSpec said:

Resident Evil: Damnation 4/5. The best Resident Evil property released this year, hands down.

To be fair, what else is there?

bio595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By bio595

Pulp Fiction, 5/5

OMG THE DIALOG AND SAM JACKSON

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By clumsyninja1

Black Belt, a japanese movie. 1 being great and 100 being horrible. I rate it 78.95, decent but not great.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Maajin

The Cabin in The Woods, fucking great.

Blackhebrew2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Blackhebrew2

Indie Game The Movie: A great movie but I would knock it personally for not covering enough of the actual development process, rather then the marketing/certification/PR process

4 Japan's out of 5 Hayao Miyazaki's

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Rattle618

@zombie2011 said:

Thats My Boy. 7/10

I know a lot of people hate this movie and hate Adam Sandler, but i thought it was quite good and there just aren't a lot of R rated comedies coming out nowadays so i'm happy whenever one does get made. The one thing that stands out in Sandler movies is that the cast are friends and you can tell that while watching the movie, you know they had a good time making the movie.

Same movie, but I give it a 4/5! I laughed a lot, probably cause I still have fond memories of Happy Gilmore and the stuff I used to watch when I was a kid.

tineyoghurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By tineyoghurt

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (you know, the sequel to Twin Peaks). I'm not sure what I think of it; it totally explains a lot of what the series didn't, but at the same time it doesn't really explain any of the new things it establishes (but I guess that's how Lynch rolls). I guess it was worth to see as a fan of Twin Peaks, but I wouldn't say it's a good movie by itself. 100/250

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Christoffer

Moonrise Kingdom: 3/5

I love most of Wes Andersons works but I've always had problems with them. He knows how to make the best characters, the most intriguing non-stories, solid humor, the best tie-ups in the end. Moonrise Kingdom is no different. It's a great movie. But what's up with that dragging middle section, the second act if you will. They're the weakest of all of Andersons movies. thank god he knows how to make the rest awesome.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By RobotHamster

Pooper 4/5

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#72  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Video_Game_King said:

@MooseyMcMan:

Do they ever explain why that guy specifically needs to kill his other-time self (I can't remember if it's past or future)? Because that's a ridiculously huge plot hole when your premise is "the mob kills people with time travel".

Yeah, when they want to fire them, they do so by sending the future version back in time for the guy to kill. When he sees that it's him (and there is a way to tell beyond just looking similar) they retire and wait until it's time to get sent back in time.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character does say at one point that it is a career that attracts people who aren't very forward thinking.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#73  Edited By Video_Game_King

@MooseyMcMan:

Then why doesn't the mob just send the guy back in time and tell the past-mob not to hire him in the first place? I mean, we're already dealing with time paradoxes and everything.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Vinny_Says

V/H/S; Terrible. 2/10 the trailer was better than the movie.

robdburrows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By robdburrows

Dredd 3-D, good action and the 3-D didn't hurt my eyes, 4.5/5

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ThePickle

Catching Hell - 4/5

Went a little long.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#77  Edited By sjschmidt93

Drive 7/10 Not the movie I expected AT ALL. Still, I love the idea, but just feel they could have made a better plot with what they had. it didn't quite do the things I wanted it to (in retrospect I mean, not my expectations before watching)

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Video_Game_King said:

@MooseyMcMan:

Then why doesn't the mob just send the guy back in time and tell the past-mob not to hire him in the first place? I mean, we're already dealing with time paradoxes and everything.

They're not firing the people because they aren't doing the right work (they send present day mobsters after them for that), they fire them when they no longer have any use for them. It's more like retirement.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By VierasTalo

Just watched Madagascar 3 because the missus wanted to. It sucked so much. Dear lord. I liked the first two, but shit. A fucking Tron-circus with afro animals? Really? This just gets a single banana slice.

No Caption Provided

That was the 250th flick of the year for me as well.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Rafaelfc

Dredd - 3/5 surprisingly entertaining and violent. Fun little movie.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Rafaelfc

@Video_Game_King said:

@RecSpec said:

To be fair, what else is there?

The Mila Jovovich / Paul W.S. Anderson magnum opus!!!

KME93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#82  Edited By KME93

The last movie I watched was Taken 2! I feel that going in I knew that the first movie was going to be better no matter what and that helped watching this one a lot. The plot is pretty much the same thing except this time it is his wife being taken and they are in a different country, it just has more of Liam Neeson taking guys out which is never a bad thing in my opinion. The actual acting is not that bad minus two thugs early on in the movie and in some scenes the daughter can be a little annoying but not so much that it will take away from the film! It is a pretty decent watch and it has some light humor thrown into it as well and I felt that the movie goes by pretty fast too! I would say if you are looking to get out the house, have already seen the first one, or are looking for a good action fix then this just might be the movie to go out to see! I give a solid 4 Liam Neeson Punches out of 5!

sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By sean2206

I think the last film I watched the whole way through was Batman:Under the Red Hood. I enjoyed it I'd say a good 4 out of 5. I enjoyed the story, the animation and the voice acting. I like the character of Jason Todd as Red Hood more than some do and It was a generally good solid film. My only real gripe with the film would be it rushed the plot a bit compared to the comics but that is to be expected with a film adaptation. I really want to see Looper though.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Levius

The Avengers Assemble (Hey weird UK naming) 9/10.

After the Nolan Batman films it was refreshing to watch a film that remembered that comic books can be fun and not as self serious. Also the 3D effect held up when watched at home.

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

I just watched Cabin in the Woods last night and I'm hovering between a 3 and a 4 on the GB/Netflix scale. Probably leaning towards a 3. The last half hour was great, but with all of the crazy stuff they showed there I couldn't help feeling like the first 2/3 of the movie could have been a lot more interesting had they brought out just one or two of the really crazy things a little bit earlier.

labman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By labman

I decided yesterday to bite the bullet and start watching all the Harry Potter movies. I read part of the first book and watched Ryan and Vinny's hilarious QLs of the games, but that was the extent of my Harry Potter knowledge going into it.

So, having finished "Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone" I would give it a 9/10! I'm surprised at how much I liked it. The acting was quite good, the plot kept me entertained, and the talking hat was BEAST! Unfortunately, I had to deduct 1-point for Harry's dumb smile:

No Caption Provided

GAH...INFURIATING!!

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#87  Edited By D0tti

Just finished watching Fargo, 5/5 hilarious movie.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By habster3

I think the last movie I saw was Looper a week ago. There were some holes in the time traveling concept (as is the case with practically any movie with time travel), but it was still a great, engaging film. 53769 out of 58214

Before that, I saw the original Friday the 13th. Bad actors, campiness to the max, and lots of outdated slasher film ideas, but I enjoyed the hell out of it anyway. 47216 out of 53098

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Indie Game: The Movie 9/10

dabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By dabe

Midnight in Paris, 9/10. Woody Allen is an amorphous blob of unrealistic, introspective, self-serving, bile-spewing when he is acting. But he can direct an ode to a European city with elements of nostalgia and living for the moment (Carpe diem and all that).

Wolfrum_920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Wolfrum_920

Tekken. 5/10. It`s bad, but it honestly wasn't as bad as i THOUGHT it would be. Would have given it a 6, but it loses a point for having no volcano throwing or devil shit in there!!

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#92  Edited By myniceicelife

I'll go with last 3 since they were all on the same day.

• Avengers - still a great movie
  • The Sitter - not horrible, kinda meh
  • Rise of the Planet of the Apes - haven't been the biggest fan of the Planet of the Apes movies, but I did like this a lot

bonus: Boardwalk Empire Season 2 - I know not a movie, but still the best thing I've seen in a long time.

Amducious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Amducious

The Avengers 5/5

I am a movie cynic. I sit there watching, picking faults and generally been a Mr Grumpy when I don't think the movie is delivering what it was supposed to. I bitched about the Spiderman movies as Petey couldn't keep his bloody mask on despite his resolute speech at the end of the first movie about protecting those he loved. *sigh*

However The Avengers blew me away. The sheer amount of incredible action, a sharp script, fantastic direction and an immense cast. I expected Robert Downy jr to dominate this movie being the 'biggest' name, but Joss while giving Mr Stark the best lines ensured each of the stars got more or less equal screen time along with some fantastic dialogue. Not to mention that catsuit housing such a superb arse. :)

The only gripe was that the plot line itself was middling, but with everything else so 'right' with this movie it was an easy gripe to forgive.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#94  Edited By nightriff

Bloodsport 4/5

Pretty good movie but VERY 80's with the music and just how it was shot.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Bocam

In the Mouth of Madness. I give 5 naked old men out of 3.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#96  Edited By Icemael

The Wrestler - 5/5

It had a shaky father-daughter relationship and a tough dude who kept doing what he loved in spite of his deteriorating health. To me, those are just about the most touching things in existence, and this film pulled them both off brilliantly.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By BestUsernameEver

End of watch 1 out of 5 stars

Aims to be a gritty cop movie, ruins it with it's bad acting and unrealistic script and pacing.

Cartel is depicted as a bunch of sassy lesbians/overly stereotypical 'thugs'

Horrible use of the 'found footage' medium, most of the time there is an independent camera filming some scenes, almost like the makers weren't clever enough to make the found footage action seem compelling.

Did I mention bad acting? Yeah, it's terrible.

The movie feels like it's going nowhere because there is NO character development,

when they stumble across a dead grandma in a bag, inside a cartel house, they joke around, when they find human trafficking, THAT'S when they gag and start looking away?

The ending is one of the most hollywood endings ever. Just a bad movie, should have seen looper.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#98  Edited By Chris2KLee

Expendables 2: 2/5. Everyone looks tired.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By GoofyGoober

Cabin in the woods 4/5. I knew it would be different, but wow was it different in such a good way!

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By VierasTalo

@Bocam said:

In the Mouth of Madness. I give 5 naked old men out of 3.

This is truly the correct rating for such greatness.

I just finished Chernobyl Diaries. It wasn't bad. Kind of fucked up that they made a zombie movie about this subject, which is why I had fun laughing at the outrageous nature of the whole thing coming undone in the end. I especially enjoyed showcasing the entire Russian scientific body as this self-preserving entity filled with incompetent assholes who can't even contain a couple of bloodthirsty zombies! The camerawork was bad though, I feel they should've just admitted to doing a found footage-movie and went with it instead of... well, not making the cameraman a character in the movie. Now it's just crappy shakycam, and the first time I've been annoyed by that. I give this movie three pixelated tree stumps out of nine.

No Caption Provided