Video problems (including Roku/Chromecast/etc)? Get in here!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Accolade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#151  Edited By Accolade

Confirming this fix. Just got a Roku Premier and the channel crashed at boot.

@ptfilm: I was having the same issue and this worked for me.....manually add the beta app via the web ( https://my.roku.com/add/HMQ2MJ ), then do a system update on the Roku to add the channel...if you didn't delete your original app you will have two GB icons (the newest one is at the bottom - use that one). You will have to re-sync it for premium, but other than that it is working AOK so far.

swordstruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By swordstruck

Was hoping the newest video player update would fix the play button overlay from randomly appearing while a video is playing, but I just had it happen again watching todays UPF.

Along with that, still having a ton of issues with constant buffering, and videos restarting completely when trying to step through to specific points. Didn't have any of these issues with the old video player.

VWGuy100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By VWGuy100

Having an issue with the AppleTV app for the last month or so. Videos will pause by themselves like buffering then never resume. I can unpause it manually sometimes that will fix it for the remainder of the video or a random amount of time, other times it will keep pausing every few seconds. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this? It's on an ATV4 hardwired to ATT gigabit.

matsemann08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#154  Edited By matsemann08
No Caption Provided

With the new player the videos stops randomly, the play-button pops up like it does when I've finished a video (look at the run-time in the image). I can then start the video again, but at the beginning, it doesn't remember playback position. This happens many times each video. Happens on both HTML5 and Progressive on the newest chrome (57.0.2987.133 (64-bit). It started today or maybe yesterday.

I also got these weird lines going across the player, which you can also see in the image. Those have been there for a week maybe.

smallville123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Framerate in chrome is still aweful. Firefox still never drops frames.

stcheatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am only able to get the youtube player. I don't know if this is a bug or a site change, but I'm having trouble finding if anyone else has the same issue.

positron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@vwguy100 said:

Having an issue with the AppleTV app for the last month or so. Videos will pause by themselves like buffering then never resume. I can unpause it manually sometimes that will fix it for the remainder of the video or a random amount of time, other times it will keep pausing every few seconds. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this? It's on an ATV4 hardwired to ATT gigabit.

Same here. Videos stop playing constantly. Apple TV 4.

ApeGantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By ApeGantz
No Caption Provided

Watching the PU Battlegrounds video and noticed when I went to the other two options besides youtube, that the screen stretches. It's evident on Vinnys' camera because it is off screen. I use chrome on windows 10, non-premium.

totriz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

same here. seems to me that the original video is not 16:9 aspect ratio and the player crops the video instead of resizing it to fit the screen.

@apegantz said:
No Caption Provided

Watching the PU Battlegrounds video and noticed when I went to the other two options besides youtube, that the screen stretches. It's evident on Vinnys' camera because it is off screen. I use chrome on windows 10, non-premium.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Noticing over the last few days with a variety of the quick looks that with Microsoft Edge on Win10 (not logged in to GB on that browser) that the video will be frozen at the Loading Video... text & scrolling down the page the comments aren't there, page is just white. On the left is the GB text plus latest episodes & black Gamespot footer but seems that it's hitting some 'From the Web' ad not loading in right & stuck.

Seeing it with below link plus a lot of other quick looks, and works fine on showing it on Firefox.

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-little-nightmares/2300-12014/

smallville123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whelp cant check framedrops anymore. Firefox is still working better than chrome for some reason.....

swordstruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any update on the play button showing up while watching a video and needing to restart to fix it? It's happening very consistently on the latest version of Chrome.

Also have another bug that's been happening quite a lot, and it's fairly easy to reproduce. Start a video (Can be live or archived), and keep switching around to various parts of the video until the big play button in the middle of the video randomly shows up. Clicking play will reset your progress back to zero and start the video from the beginning, not where you clicked in the progress bar.

Didn't have any of these issues with the old player.

euantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching videos on Safari recently seems to really make my MacBook chug. Not entirely sure why, but when watching the most recent Unprofessional Fridays archive video (HTML5, HD quality), it was really bad. Checked out Activity Monitor and it looks like the tab was using 1.43GB of memory (see below)? This is the only tab/window I had open in Safari (v10.1).

No Caption Provided

Using Progressive video in HD seems to be slightly better, using about 680MB (which still seems pretty high to me?).

Only extensions I have installed are 1Password and uBlock Origin (which is disabled on the giantbomb.com domain).

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Spinning buffer circle continues to show in the live player(chrome on Android nougat) while the video plays fine. Cleared browser data/restarted app.

swordstruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@euantor said:

Watching videos on Safari recently seems to really make my MacBook chug. Not entirely sure why, but when watching the most recent Unprofessional Fridays archive video (HTML5, HD quality), it was really bad. Checked out Activity Monitor and it looks like the tab was using 1.43GB of memory (see below)? This is the only tab/window I had open in Safari (v10.1).

No Caption Provided

Using Progressive video in HD seems to be slightly better, using about 680MB (which still seems pretty high to me?).

Only extensions I have installed are 1Password and uBlock Origin (which is disabled on the giantbomb.com domain).

I had my browser tab crash during the last UPF because of high memory usage.

Delias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Delias

Videos will no longer load on chrome for me as of the last few days, only way I can watch is on my phone or in firefox. Just sits on "loading video". Can't try different settings due to the player itself not even loading in.

No Caption Provided

Fistoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I've been having a noncritical issue on my laptop (not sure if it would happen on other machines, I'd have to test it) with the new player where if I unplug my headphones while the video is paused the video ends. Pressing play restarts it from the beginning rather than from where I left off.

Avatar image for mattoncybertron
mattoncybertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• What kind of issue are you running into?:
  • just noticed a weird quirk with GB youtube player, hitting embiggen for me raises the volume a little for some reason
  • Browser where issues are occurring (have you tried another one?):
  • Chrome
Calactic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Calactic
@mattoncybertron said:
  • What kind of issue are you running into?:
  • just noticed a weird quirk with GB youtube player, hitting embiggen for me raises the volume a little for some reason
  • Browser where issues are occurring (have you tried another one?):
  • Chrome

I get this on Firefox too. Embiggen and Debiggen both lower the volume.

swordstruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By swordstruck

This happened again in todays UPF. This time I tried running in an incognito chrome window with no ads running. Here's what the console looked like after the play button showed up:

No Caption Provided
@swordstruck said:

Any update on the play button showing up while watching a video and needing to restart to fix it? It's happening very consistently on the latest version of Chrome.

matsemann08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#172  Edited By matsemann08

No Caption Provided

With the new player the videos stops randomly, the play-button pops up like it does when I've finished a video (look at the run-time in the image). I can then start the video again, but at the beginning, it doesn't remember playback position. This happens many times each video. Happens on both HTML5 and Progressive on the newest chrome (57.0.2987.133 (64-bit). It started today or maybe yesterday.

I also got these weird lines going across the player, which you can also see in the image. Those have been there for a week maybe.

This is still happening and it's terrible.

bobeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Progressive and html versions of videos both stop when they reach HD quality on automatic. They don`t work when trying toplay they HD version from the get go, low and high quality play fine. Chrome, latest version.

Lightdud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delias: Just started having this issue as well. Apparently I can't even post to the forums from my PC either. What the heck.

SkinnerSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've signed up for premium recently and this is all of seen. I've spent over an hour just trying to get back to my position in the video and it keeps freezing like this then going back to the start. Really regretting going premium now.

@matsemann08 said:
No Caption Provided

This is still happening and it's terrible.

Avatar image for deactivated-598559349432d
deactivated-598559349432d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I usually have no issues with giantbomb, but lately their videos haven't been loading for me at all (HTML or progessive).

No idea if their sever load is hot in the afternoon but this is pretty ridiculous.

Avatar image for deactivated-598559349432d
deactivated-598559349432d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To clarify, I am trying to watch Metal Gear Scanlon and the most I'll get out of the player is 3 minutes of buffer and 10 seconds of play. The best result is going from HTML 5 to progressive in low settings (no longer a solution). I've reset my IP a couple times so I know it's something on GB's side.

kcroberts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't even get past the "Loading Video" animation anymore, any idea what's going on?

No Caption Provided

NOT_MUCH_CHOP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@positron said:
@vwguy100 said:

Same here. Videos stop playing constantly. Apple TV 4.

Another one here with the exact same problem for the last couple of months. :(

GreyHulkOA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another new problem with playing videos on Xbox one or PS4 web browsers:

The progress bar always stays visible in full screen mode.

Any update on anything being done with the console browser issues? Haven't heard anything about fixes in a long while.

ToastMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By ToastMan

I'm not sure if it's a problem on my end or not, but the progress bar overlay menu won't auto-hide when on Progressive and HTML5 modes. When on YouTube mode it does. Also on actual YouTube it will auto-hide.

This is on Win10/Chrome

computerandy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toastman: I'm having the same issue. Just today. Used to fine. I assume it's not me as nothing has changed on my end.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toastman: Same here, seems like it only hides when the mouse is not hovering over, which isn't possible on fullscreen (maybe with dual monitors...)

I was able to randomly spam right click and get it to disappear though; it stays gone until I move the mouse.

bart008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toastman said:

I'm not sure if it's a problem on my end or not, but the progress bar overlay menu won't auto-hide when on Progressive and HTML5 modes. When on YouTube mode it does. Also on actual YouTube it will auto-hide.

This is on Win10/Chrome

The same thing started happening to me.

ToastMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quantris: Mashing right click totally works as a work around. Thanks!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Also want to add to the choir talking about the issues with the progress bar hiding in full-screen mode. Additionally right clicking no longer brings up the video stats menu like it used to for me.

Paliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is happening for me as well in full screen Win10/Chrome on HTML 5.

@bart008 said:
@toastman said:

This is on Win10/Chrome

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@paliv said:

@bart008 said:
@toastman said:

This is on Win10/Chrome

I am also having this problem. It started for me yesterday.

I'm on Win7/Chrome

jsmoothjazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By jsmoothjazz

Issue with live shows and chromecast:

After I connect to my chromecast the player shows the live stream as off air.

Tested on both Win 10 and ChromeOS. Latest ver of Chrome. Normal and Incognito Tab.

Thank You!

Painkiller80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Painkiller80

@nux said:
@paliv said:

@bart008 said:
@toastman said:

This is on Win10/Chrome

I'm on Win7/Chrome

Me too, This new player they been using isnt all that great.

Win10/chrome and firefox both the same.

wellspokenman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By wellspokenman

Video player sits on 'loading video' for me in Firefox (53.02 x64) and Chrome. Disabled PiHole, adblock and firewall. Can download videos and play the youtube ones. The classes of the player container in Firefox are: js-vid-player-chrome js-vid-player-holder av-player-holder.

Clearly it's on my end, as there would be a lot more noise on the forums if it was impacting everybody. Any tips on what to disable/reconfigure?

larmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By larmer

@toastman said:

This is on Win10/Chrome

am also having this issue. Overlay doesn't auto-hide and mouse doesn't disappear. It behaves the same on both Firefox and Chrome. It had been working perfectly a week or 2 ago.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nux said:
@paliv said:

@bart008 said:
@toastman said:

This is on Win10/Chrome

I'm on Win7/Chrome

I am also having this problem too with the overlay/progress bar not disappearing in fullscreen. Mouse cursor doesn't go away anymore either.

Happening on Win10 Chrome/Firefox.

skurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rotnac said:
@painkiller80 said:
@nux said:
@paliv said:

@bart008 said:
@toastman said:

This is on Win10/Chrome

I'm on Win7/Chrome

I am also having this problem too with the overlay/progress bar not disappearing in fullscreen. Mouse cursor doesn't go away anymore either.

Happening on Win10 Chrome/Firefox.

Same here, both in Safari and Chrome on three different computers (one Windows machine, two OSX)

majorzero64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also having the progress bar not going away issue. Both on Windows and Mac OS

kcroberts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wellspokenman: I am having the same issue and have been trying to fix it for a week now. It isn't an account or IP issue because videos have worked on the same network but on a different computer, so I assume it is something wrong with the actual PC, but I have no idea what it is. I wish I had the solution but hopefully someone else figures it out.

wellspokenman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcroberts: I fixed mine, but can't explain why. Disabling the Windows firewall, not my actual firewall, or any of my adblockers, did the trick. Afterwards I reenabled it and it all came back. Makes no sense, but maybe it works for you too.

Matthew9559

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Matthew9559

I am also having the constant issue of the video pausing on the latest Apple TV and Giantbomb app. It's been happening for months now for me.

Other streamed content is working without issue and I have 300 Mb/s Wifi with my Nighthawk/fiber setup.

vizard1301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi,im having the problem of the overlay not going away when im in fullscreen mode

on windows 7.

LethalPlacebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello! A few days ago, the Giant Bomb Video Player stopped fading away the video progress bar and mouse while in fullscreen, and I have no idea why.

-Occurs on all Giant Bomb videos

-Using Google Chrome

-Issue present in incognito mode and after disabling all extensions/clearing cache/cookies

-Tried both HTML5 and Progressive, same issue

-Issue persists in all quality settings