Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

persona music...is great.

futurstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By futurstock

been catching up on the endurance run im on like ep120something

persona has some awesome music, you guys.

so i made this cover?iguess, it was practice for me trying realistic sounding drums

https://soundcloud.com/5-06-p4

made in fruityloops, real guitar mic in adapter

reLIVE the magic that is persona!

tab i used for anyone interested :]

might of fixed it :]

im really enjoying this soundtrack, so here comes the fog !!!

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That's pretty good futurstock.

Keep it up.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dat Persona 4 endurance run..........the best shit GB ever did. Not even their fault that they haven't done anything better since...it was just the perfect game at the perfect time.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mcfart said:

Dat Persona 4 endurance run..........the best shit GB ever did. Not even their fault that they haven't done anything better since...it was just the perfect game at the perfect time.

yep.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By DeadpanCakes

Haha for some reason I expected "Your Affection" or something.

Anyway, sounds nice. Can't get enough Persona 4 music, myself.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Persona music in general is great. Since I've been playing through the older ones because P4 was my first, god damn are the soundtracks fucking amazing. What boggles my mind is they seem to go unnoticed in the "Best Soundtracks from Video Games" conversation. I was bored and just spent, a good 30 minutes look at lists and not a single persona game mentioned. The conversation I've decided is more most recognizable soundtrack rather than best. Or maybe I've joined the small group that knows the perfection of Persona games and their music.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

The same guy did the soundtracks for Nocturne and the two Digital Devil Saga games, you people that like the Persona soundtracks so much should go check out those soundtracks.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nightriff

@believer258: Will do

EDIT: I should add, when I get around to playing them, I typically like to listen to the soundtrack after playing the game, refreshes my memory of certain events and really ultimately tells me if I enjoyed the game or not. If the music brings up nothing, well the game was meh or the soundtrack was. Rarely is the soundtrack absolutely fucking killer but the game sucks. At least I haven't come across this situation.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

It sure is.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P3Music>P4Music

Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P3Music>P4Music

A big hearty LOL from me there. I like you, but this one opinion of yours is very wrong. Persona 4 not only has better music in terms of the writing, but the songs are better produced, easier to hear, and there are MORE of them. Persona 4 music >>>>>>>>>> Persona 3. Persona 3's music feels like lifeless filler in comparison.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fitzgerald said:

@bigjeffrey said:

P3Music>P4Music

A big hearty LOL from me there. I like you, but this one opinion of yours is very wrong. Persona 4 not only has better music in terms of the writing, but the songs are better produced, easier to hear, and there are MORE of them. Persona 4 music >>>>>>>>>> Persona 3. Persona 3's music feels like lifeless filler in comparison.

+1 from me

I'll reiterate....ALL persona music is fantastic, all of it. But if we are going to go this route, fuck 3, 4 and both IS and EP have better music than 3.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bigjeffrey

IS has best musis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX1ZqSmxRe0

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

It's great music but P4 lacks variety in different kinds of music. Your regular Final Fantasy has four times the tracks also. Your affection is driving me crazy in the afternoon, I could have gone with more mellow tracks like the single track in the evening instead of the oversaturated engrish jpop vibe. I give the OST a Steak Croquette out of Filet Mignon.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's great music but P4 lacks variety in different kinds of music. Your regular Final Fantasy has four times the tracks also. Your affection is driving me crazy in the afternoon, I could have gone with more mellow tracks like the single track in the evening instead of the oversaturated engrish jpop vibe. I give the OST a Steak Croquette out of Filet Mignon.

I doubt Persona has the backing that Final Fantasy has. Final Fantasy doesn't seem to be as out there as Persona either when it comes to their music.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethphotopoulos: They are milking the absolute fuck out of Persona 4 right now. With Golden they added 1 whole track. If Atlus cuts the crap with anime renditions, livestreams of teddie getting groped, magazines no one will read...they'd have the budget to one up final fantasy, which was only an example by the way. I could also mention Soul Sacrifice ost. But I'm hopeful for Persona 5.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trafalgarlaw: Oh don't go and say they are milking Persona 4 when you are backing Final Fantasy

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightriff: Im not backing Final Fantasy, that franchise should have died after FFXIII.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@sethphotopoulos: They are milking the absolute fuck out of Persona 4 right now. With Golden they added 1 whole track. If Atlus cuts the crap with anime renditions, livestreams of teddie getting groped, magazines no one will read...they'd have the budget to one up final fantasy, which was only an example by the way. I could also mention Soul Sacrifice ost. But I'm hopeful for Persona 5.

I'm not a hundred percent sure about this, but aren't anime renditions and magazines no one will read getting funded, at least in part, by someone else? Specifically, the company making those things who also seeks to profit off of them?

Regardless, the difference between Final Fantasy and Persona 4 is that P4 is pretty much the first big break Atlus has had in, well, ever. They've always been a niche publisher, staying in business because they had damn good people behind their games and apparently good people managing money and organization. They know how to make a profit on something that isn't going to sell like hotcakes, and now that they have something that sells like hotcakes, they're soaking it up as much as they can. I can't blame them, though honestly the only bits of it I've bought into are Persona 4 Golden and, later this year, Persona Q. I don't care for the rest. Maybe the anime if I'm ever bored out of my skull.

Final Fantasy, on the other hand, has been getting insanely long development cycles and bloated budgets for a long time now and has, since at least the SNES era, been getting a majority of JRPG attention. I think that Final Fantasy XIII has merit but that's one series that could do with a swift kick in the nads, hopefully by someone who can either design sensible clothes or write functioning storylines. One or the other would be great.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

They haven't done anything that hadn't been done for Persona 3. I also don't think they do all the funding on the other stuff. I also don't think Atlus is in the business of throwing all their money on one project given the fact that they sell to a niche market. Final Fantasy sells like crazy so they can afford to throw dumptrucks of cash into those projects because they'll get it back no problem. Final Fantasy was grandfathered into the mainstream such as it is while anything Megami Tensei wasn't. Persona is also based in modern Japan so it doesn't have as much of an appeal as more sci-fi or fantastical worlds that Final Fantasy regularly takes part in.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

P3Music>P4Music

3 has a few good tracks but I like ALL of 4's stuff. Most of my favorite songs from 3 are actually from the portable remake.

If anyone hasn't heard the new tracks for portable, they really are excellent.

Time

A way of life

Wiping all out

Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are plainly wrong about the number of tracks in Golden. I don't know how many exactly, but there is WAY more music---good music too not just phoning it in---in P4 Golden over P4 Vanilla. There's the new opening theme Shadow World, a new theme for night time, new boss music for the Mitsuo Kubo fight, new music for the shop at night time, new music for the beach sequence, it goes on...

If you don't like P4Golden, fine but don't say they added just 1 track. That's incorrect.

Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are plainly wrong about the number of tracks in Golden. I don't know how many exactly, but there is WAY more music---good music too not just phoning it in---in P4 Golden over P4 Vanilla. There's the new opening theme Shadow World, a new theme for night time, new boss music for the Mitsuo Kubo fight, new music for the shop at night time, new music for the beach sequence, it goes on...

If you don't like P4Golden, fine but don't say they added just 1 track. That's incorrect.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guy makes a thread showing how much he loves the music from Persona 4 and you all start arguing about Atlus, Final Fantasy, and how P4G apparently is a straight port of vanilla with a single added track. Good job internet, this is why we don't get nice things.

I think Persona 3's music is bad.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

futurstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By futurstock

i was playing through P3P while watching the endurance run at nights
    when the final boss? the moon music dropped, it was really powerful in persona 3 to me, like oh shit it's on!
    p3 is dirty sick beats, p4 is more melodic pop stuff, both great though.

sped up velvet room music, you know ;)

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate most of P4G's music because of the vocals. I'm playing through it at the moment and the battle music drives me insane. The melody is just fine. The vocalsthough? I hate hearing the same lines over and over again. Same for the "overworld" theme. I just can't stand hearing the repeating vocals.

The boss battle music is dope though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.