If you're new (In the last 5 years) to Giant Bomb, you owe it to yourself to check out the Ryan Davis videos

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

For those of us that have been here since Arrow Pointing Down, we all share an affinity for Ryan. He truly was the best human.

So let's share some of our favourite Ryan Moments for the newer people

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There are so much to count but here's one I enjoy. With a Kris Straub inspired animation!

Loading Video...

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bigsocrates

Kind of a deep cut, but as much as I loved Ryan on video I thought his Bombcast stuff was even better. For some reason I particularly loved his stories about going shopping for gaming hardware, probably because I never did it myself (I have ordered everything since the Dreamcast online.) This story about him giving his 3DS to a kid out of compassion always makes me think about what a kind and considerate person he was under all the China Don't Care and BatmanBatmanBatman shenanigans.

Watch out for the NSFW twist ending though.

Ryan was the heart of Giant Bomb and while there have been some great times since he passed the Ryan era will always be my absolute favorite.

Loading Video...
Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ben_H
Loading Video...

Ryan accidentally outing pot smokers at his hotel and then feeling bad about it is up there.

edit: Let's also just chuck this whole Bombcast in here too since Ryan did the editing. It's the first one they did after they were in the CBS office so Ryan leaned heavily into the fact they were owned by CBS: Bombcast from March 20th, 2012

blitzfitness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for sharing these! I didn't pay attention to GB until my buddy crazily told me I would like the Mario Party Party (I thought he was nuts but have since watched them all the way through 3 times), so I missed the Ryan years. When we started working from home at my office due to the pandemic I found myself in need of conversational background noise and decided to start going through the archive. My first thought was "wow, these older pages are mostly trailers!?", but when they started doing things like UPF, TNT, and Happy Hour, etc. I came to really appreciate Ryan; he's my favorite reviewer (with Brad a very close 2nd) and my favorite moments are the awkward hand holding sessions with Rory.