Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Axersia
DiscoLights said:
"...you're over there too???"
Nah, I don't usually read comics (I think the only ones I actually bought myself were the Bone One Volume Edition and Watchmen).

But if I used the site, I probably would've heard about GB sooner. One of our mods suneku is one of the top users there (zero_edge) and was here from day 1 too.
DiscoLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By DiscoLights

OOoh that's ZE? he has abandoned CV in favor of GB ]= Yeah...the site was whispered about over on CV but no one really said too much about it, so for the longest i had no idea what it was. 

Judging from that gallery, i'm sure you can find some comics that suit your taste [=
chandoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#153  Edited By chandoo

Can someone help me out here guys, i'm having difficulty trying to understand how image uploads work on giantbomb, i've got a few images from persona 3 portable in my gallery, that i tried to submit to the overall and screenshots gallery of that game's wiki page, and i got a message a little while later that one of the images wasn't "attached" to anything, can you guys help me out here ? what am i supposed to do with that ?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#154  Edited By LordAndrew
@chandoo: They're in the image moderation queue right now. Unfortunately they will have to be disapproved, as they are watermarked.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#155  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@chandoo: I believe they were the images I denied the other day because they were watermarked. It would have said they weren't attached to anything because when you upload images, they are automatically added to the site on your profile, but must go through moderation to be attatched to the game page you submitted them to. Since they were watermarked, the submission was denied, and they were not attached to the Persona 3 Portable page.
chandoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By chandoo
@MattyFTM said:

" @chandoo: I believe they were the images I denied the other day because they were watermarked. It would have said they weren't attached to anything because when you upload images, they are automatically added to the site on your profile, but must go through moderation to be attatched to the game page you submitted them to. Since they were watermarked, the submission was denied, and they were not attached to the Persona 3 Portable page. "

Ah, thanks for the clarification. My bad about the watermarks. I thought that if famitsu's scans were alright, maybe images from it will be okey as well. Sorry, won't happen again.
chandoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By chandoo

Another question guys, i just uploaded a bunch of images at once, but i'm only seeing a few of them in the queue right now, is this normal ? i tried reuploading them but still only a few of them are appearing in the queue ..

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By LordAndrew
@chandoo: I think I recall hearing that scans aren't really okay either. Their fine for the forums, but not in the image galleries.

If you don't see all of them in the queue, it's possible that they've already been handled. Check your Pending Image Contributions to verify. (Unfortunately they're not really ordered properly.)
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#159  Edited By Karl_Boss

I see a lot of images with watermarks that got approved....anyway I can delete them or is that something only the staff and mods can do?

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#160  Edited By citizenkane
@Unknown_Pleasures: Contact any one of the forum or wiki mods via PM with a link to the game pages with the watermarked images.  We will take care of them.
RonnieR15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#161  Edited By RonnieR15

Why was the ability to upload images and edit then get disabled for those that use IE6 and Opera? It seems to be pretty pointless since I can no long add any.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By LordAndrew
@RonnieR15: Because Internet Explorer 6 is old and not worth supporting. The MediaWiki developers even dropped IE6 fixes from MonoBook for a brief period.

As for Opera, I have no idea. People use it, but they probably can't be bothered to fully test it.
KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#163  Edited By KamasamaK
@LordAndrew said:
" @RonnieR15: Because Internet Explorer 6 is old and not worth supporting. The MediaWiki developers even dropped IE6 fixes from MonoBook for a brief period. "
And Google is even dropping support for IE6.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By LordAndrew
@Kamasama: Ah yes, thanks for reminding me. That's actually why the support was dropped from MediaWiki; because Google had already done so.
Frankly, if you're using a browser that Google no longer cares enough to support, it's time to upgrade. ;)
RonnieR15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#165  Edited By RonnieR15
@LordAndrew:
 Do you know where I can upgrade to IE7!
Not_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#166  Edited By Not_Rage
KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#167  Edited By KamasamaK
@Not_Rage said:
" @RonnieR15 said:

" @LordAndrew:  Do you know where I can upgrade to IE7! "

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx 

The newest version is IE8,  although I would recommend getting Firefox or Chrome."
I would recommend using one of those instead, but still install the newest version of Internet Explorer. You should also be able to get it thorough your Windows/Microsoft Update.