Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cyberpunk 2077

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 10, 2020

An open-world action role-playing game by CD Projekt RED based on the pen and paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020.

Cyberpunk 2077 epilepsy warning

• 60 results
    bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@efesell: The original effect was really intense (which I guess was by design.) I have no history of epilepsy but it made me slightly queasy, kind of like a little bit of motion sickness. Obviously that's not a big deal for me personally, but I can't imagine what it would do to someone who is prone to seizures. Or rather I can imagine, and it's upsetting.

jagerxbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By jagerxbomb

They definitely should have fixed it, but expecting everyone to be a doctor that specializes in epilepsy is pretty fuckin wild. Every game has epileptic warnings, it's not the developer's fault it was there. Once they knew, they fixed it.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagerxbomb: A doctor who specializes in epilepsy? Are you joking? Flashing lights causing epilepsy is incredibly well known and it's well known that video games can trigger this. That's why the pro forma warnings nobody reads are buried in the EULA in the first place. Anyone with any knowledge of video games at all would know that flashing lights are a potential trigger. At that point a massive, incredibly wealthy, company like CDPR has a responsibility to make sure that those lights are safe, which these clearly are not. All it takes is a single person on staff (or a contractor) who can make a reasonable assessment, which is super easy for a big, rich, company and should be part of any basic corporate QA system. "Who could have known that this widely publicized danger exists when only a few hundred people were aware of it?"

This is not some solo developer working on her first game alone in her basement. Making excuses for massive corporations ignoring obviously dangerous elements of their product is not very cyberpunk.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagerxbomb: CDPR is not your scrappy friend making a game in their basement, we don't have to give them benefit of the doubt when they have all the resources available to have known better than this.

I give them credit for quickly acknowledging and addressing the problem. That's good. It seems like they even reached out to the person who wrote that initial article and they helped them in this process to make things safer. This is all good stuff, glad they did it.

That harsh criticism is still deserved for allowing such a thing to happen in the first place. Same for whoever allowed it to pass cert.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jagerxbomb: It's not the developers fault that the sequence they created was there? Huh?

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They definitely should have fixed it, but expecting everyone to be a doctor that specializes in epilepsy is pretty fuckin wild. Every game has epileptic warnings, it's not the developer's fault it was there. Once they knew, they fixed it.

I agree with you! I really despise certain segments of the internet these days!

jagerxbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezza: It's not the developer's fault that they don't employ someone with expertise in epilepsy. Everyone who plays video games knows there's a risk. If something is especially strong and conducive to the condition, then sure, take it out. Which they did.

Of all the things to be outraged about this game, this isn't it.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagerxbomb: Of all the things to be outraged about this game this is the one that could have killed someone.

jagerxbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're all acting like it was intentional. "Hey, let's kill people who play our game!"

Come the fuck on dude.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never at any point insinuated that it was intentional.

I am treating a very serious situation with the kind of attitude that it deserves and not some wishy washy bullshit of "Well c'mon they didn't mean to how could they have known?"

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By MezZa

@jagerxbomb: There have been multiple posts in this thread of people (including myself) saying that it was negligent but not maliciously intentional. But sure if you need to put up a strawman go ahead I guess.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean why would it be intentional? That doesn't make any sense. It was probably a legit oversight, don't forget the dev's have been crunching for about 2 months straight working on what was even a more broken game than it is now.

People really need to pause a moment and think before they react, like what possible purpose would anybody have to try and trigger epilepsy? Especially in a product being sold to the public? There is literally nothing to gain.

Also, it was 100% their fault and they need to take full accountability for it and fix it asap.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I replayed the scene/mession in question a few hours ago, and it has been altered: No white strobing, now the white lights slowly fade in and out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.