Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza 0

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 12, 2015

A prequel to the original Yakuza set in 1988, featuring a young Kazuma Kiryu and Goro Majima as dual playable protagonists.

The Yakuza 0 "80's Hits! Collection" Soundtrack

WorksGONDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is a companion piece to my other thread, “A history documentary for the Yakuza Endurance Run”.

No Caption Provided

Yakuza features a lot of cross-promotion with many other Japanese companies. As a tie-in for both Yakuza 0 and Yakuza’s tenth anniversary, Sony released a special Walkman with a playlist of theme songs from the series.

No Caption Provided

There is also a soundtrack of Japanese pop and rock hits from the 80s, along with bonus versions of Kiryu and Majima singing “ANGEL” and “Runner”, respectively. Using the included code, you can unlock the Walkman item in Yakuza 0 which lets you replace the BGM with one of the songs. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like that part made it overseas...so I went looking for some videos. ^^ Here are all the songs included on the soundtrack.

矢沢永吉 (Eikichi Yazawa) / SOMEBODY'S NIGHT (1989)

(Eikichi Yazawa also sang “Loser”, the ending theme of Yakuza 3.)

氷室京介 (Kyosuke Himuro) / ANGEL (1988)

TM NETWORK / GET WILD (1987)

Here's the Dailymotion link in case it doesn't work here...

(“Get Wild” is the end theme to the anime City Hunter and probably TMN’s best-known song. There’s an official video of TMN performing this live several times here. The keyboard player is Tetsuya Komuro, who became Japan’s biggest producer during the 90s and possibly of all time.)

プリンセス プリンセス (Princess Princess) / DIAMONDS (1989)

郷ひろみ / 2億4千万の瞳 -エキゾチック・ジャパン-

(Hiromi Go / 240 Million Eyes - Exotic Japan) (1984)

REBECCA / フレンズ (Friends) (1985)

BARBEE BOYS / 目を閉じておいでよ (Keep Your Eyes Closed!) (1989)

爆風スランプ (BAKUFU-SLUMP) / Runner (1988)

浜田麻里 (Mari Hamada) / Return to Myself (1989)

中村雅俊 / 恋人も濡れる街角

(Masatoshi Nakamura / Lovers and Wet Street Corners) (1983)

P.S. A bonus: while checking my music library, I found a song from 1988 that I hadn’t listened to in a long time - “Dance If You Want It” by Toshinobu Kubota, a pioneer of Japanese Soul.

P.P.S. One last thing - here’s “STAR LIGHT” by Hikaru GENJI. Their big thing was performing on roller skates. Depending on how much time Alex and Dan spend doing non-story things, this may or may not be relevant...I’ll say no more. ^^ Thanks for reading!

(The song starts around 2:30.)

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Great post dude! I have to listen to more of these later.

WorksGONDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@thewildcard: Thanks! ^^ It's too bad they couldn't leave them on the game...

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

That's a dope looking walkman

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.