Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza 0

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 12, 2015

A prequel to the original Yakuza set in 1988, featuring a young Kazuma Kiryu and Goro Majima as dual playable protagonists.

Alex & Dan playthrough coming soon

• 55 results
    TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

@alex: That does make more sense. :)

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#52  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

I am unreasonably excited about this playthrough. Can't wait!

Avatar image for dan_rob_campbell
    Dan_Rob_Campbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

I feel like they should have played through one of the Yakuza games before agreeing to do this whole series playthrough. I mean, if you're playing these games to enjoy them, they are going to take at least 20 hours apiece.

CosmicEgg7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finished the game a few hours ago and it took me just under 60 hours. I did most of the side stories, but skipped/ missed a handful of them (e.g. the dancing rhythm game or the pocket circuit racing beyond maxing the friendship with that one guy). It's possible to cut down on that considerably by doing less side content, for example the whole real estate stuff took me forever (although it unlocks more of the cash-sphere-grid and the secret fighting style for Kiryu).

I loved it and it's probably going to be among my personal favorites this year. I would also be shocked if Dan isn't going to be all over this; tbh the entire series seems like it would be up his alley (over the top action movie that has plenty of dumb, funny stuff in it). Looking forward to the GBeast playthrough of it and I hope they will enjoy it as much as I did.

Avatar image for dan_rob_campbell
    Dan_Rob_Campbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I think one of the biggest problems with the Yakuza series is when people tried to use Yakuza 3 as their first game in the series. Since it was the first one on PS3, a lot of people started there and...well...it's got the slowest start in the series. It seriously takes like a good four or five hours to get a good pace going. I'm glad Yakuza 0 seems to have a stronger start and so many people are getting into it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.