Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Feb 27, 2014

One of the many ninja henchmen slain by Ryu Hayabusa is back for blood in this Ninja Gaiden spinoff. The project is directed by Keiji Inafune of Dead Rising fame, and jointly developed by Inafune's company Comcept, Team Ninja and Spark Unlimited.

So I'm looking forward to Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

So I guess I'm a bit late but holy shit the trailer for Yaiba is pretty great. As explained in the trailer basic concept is that Yaiba was murdered and he thinks his murderer was Ryu Hayabusa. The art style is really something to behold here. I would highly recommend watching this in full screen in HD to really see the game play bits pop. I'm really hoping the combat turns out as solid as I think it should be because I think Team Ninja is starting to really do some interesting things under Hayashi-san with this alongside the newly announced Free to Play Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate. Here is hoping that we get to see more of this somehow at E3.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This looks good and terrible at the same time.

oodli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha that trailer took my by suprise, looks actually pretty awesome.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@jz said:

This looks good and terrible at the same time.

Pretty much sums up my feelings as well. I fell off Ninja Gaiden games after 2 so I'll be watching this and hope it's actually good.

stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to be a wet blanket, but how much involvement does Team Ninja actually have in this game's development? Spark Unlimited is the other name attached to this game, and they are the fine makers of Lost Planet 3, Legendary and Turning Point. So this game could quite possibly be mad terrible. The art style does look really cool and everything about that trailer is the stupidest thing I've seen in weeks in the best possible way. So, fingers crossed I guess!

Hengst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By musubi

@stubbleman: Because Keiji Inafune is on the project?

Loading Video...

stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Well that really doesn't answer my question. But that's okay. It was a rhetorical question anyway. I was just pointing out that it's Americans making the game, since you were talking about how good Team Ninja are doing lately. And I think Inafune is a goddamn saint, but I still wouldn't be surprised if the game turned out bad even with him running the gig. But like I said, fingers crossed. I'd love for this to turn out well.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

After that trailer, I am now infinitely more interested in this thing. The main character being an utter maniac sounds pretty appealing for starters, and the art style looks gorgeous.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By musubi

@yummylee: "Death and Honor go together like hot sauce and my balls" - Yaiba

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So... Ninja Gaiden: Gaiden?

It looks kind of interesting, and this is coming from someone who only played part of Black.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@demoskinos: Well that really doesn't answer my question. But that's okay. It was a rhetorical question anyway. I was just pointing out that it's Americans making the game, since you were talking about how good Team Ninja are doing lately. And I think Inafune is a goddamn saint, but I still wouldn't be surprised if the game turned out bad even with him running the gig. But like I said, fingers crossed. I'd love for this to turn out well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Inafune's involvement led to Spark coming on board, given his predilection for western devs, though his judgment on those matters hasn't always been sound. And the name Spark Unlimited doesn't exactly strike confidence in me, as much as I do like Team Ninja's work. I really hope that Spark's contribution is relatively small.

Then again, I'm not as excited by the trailer in general. The zombie ninja protagonist sounds like a grizzled asshole-for-sake-of-grizzled assholery characters where 90% of the character development is rage, cursing and sarcasm. Also, he's a fucking zombie ninja.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That dialogue is something awful. Combat looks fun though.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By musubi

@hailinel: And being a fan of Duke Nukem I'm so down with that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.