Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 05, 2016

The aliens have won and the remnants of XCOM must strike to take back the Earth in this sequel to Firaxis' 2012 reboot.

Performance Patch Released!

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I haven't given it a shot yet and i'm probably the only person on here still playing the game (and not beaten it yet lol), but i figured some people were holding out or waiting to see if the game got patched. Well apparently it did, i'll come back when i get a chance to play and see if anything improved.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Also Mimic Beacons got nerfed, and I think they needed to be. Becaons are now unable to take cover and are guaranteed to be hit by enemy fire, which means on Legend they will survive one shot, maybe two. Plus they cost 75 supplies now, which isn't too bad.

The other big one is that enemies can no longer dodge attacks from attackers who are concealed. That's a nice change.

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I restarted when this patch came out (put like 15 hours into my first try before deciding I should restart). So far the game seems to be running much better, and I appreciate how much quicker of a pace the game seems to run at. This patch seemed to address a fair few problems I was trying to fix with mods.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: ah man, mimic beacons are the only thing keeping my squads alive so that fucking sucks. I hate balance patches in the middle of campaigns, i wish that stuff only happened on new saves my whole strat is built around that. A guarantee hit is fucking garbage, andromedons take them out in one hit 90% of the time. Damn, that actually pisses me off some lol. I might have to get a mod to change that back, i don't want that in my current campaign it's stressful enough for me already.

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Cav829

It sounds like it's finally time to start a second playthrough.

Personally, I'm glad they rebalanced mimic beacons. They were easily the most broken item in the game. Though I know what you're saying, @oursin_360. But even if they eat a single hit, it's not like they're useless. It was just dumb watching people use them to eat like 4 enemy attacks in a single turn.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OurSin_360

@cav829: I agree they were OP and needed something, but i just don't like anything with guaranteed hits in a game about RNG and shot %, it just rubs me the wrong way. It would have been very easy for them just to do something like reduce the HP and simply raise the hit chance(There are mods that do this) without just making the thing useless late game. I can see it still being viable early game though, and i'm tempted to raise it's HP myself right now to at least let it absorb more than one attack. I'm at a point now where changing my tactics can cause me to lose all my squad again.

Or they just could have done a real patch and fix the stupid AI, or change the aggro percentage to something lower than 100% for every unit. I can accept things like that

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well i'm getting weird double input with left click, with both mouse and steam controller now.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Appreciate you posting this. I'm not sure I have the time to take it on right now, but the performance issues were keeping me away from the game and it surprised me how long it was taking them to get it patched.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

ty for the headsup, sounds like ti's finally time for me to play my copy.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I'll wait for the small path to patch the big patch before starting a second playthrough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.