Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox One won't install digital games (help!)

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By handlas

I can't install Cuphead after purchasing it and I can't install any other game in the "ready to install" list either. I've searched for solutions and there's quite a lack of information on this that I could find.

Does this issue just resolve itself overtime? The strange thing is that I can install updates for games in the "updates" tab. So, clearly, my downloads are working but it will not let me install anything new and I only have 36% of my storage taken up.

I saw this thread that is over a year old so I didn't want to bump it but it seems like an ongoing problem. Anyone from that year (almost 2) old thread have any new advice?

https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/xbox-one-8450/anyone-else-experiencing-install-issues-with-digit-1785791/

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Try one of those hard resets by holding the power button on the Xbox until it beeps and shuts down. Maybe even unplug it for a minute after for extra measure.
    Can't remember if this has ever happened to me never mind how I might have gotten around it.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By handlas

I tired the hard reset but it didnt work :(. I woke up this morning and tried again and it worked! So strange.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.