Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Looking for a good podcasting game

NickyDubz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Hey guys looking for a good podcasting actiony game. Something I can play to blow off some steam after work. Action rpg or something that I can throw on a podcast and just go. Thanks in advance.

DoubleCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

have you tried Terraria? It's not an action-RPG per se but it has similar elements and has no real story. You can definitely unplug with it.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I do most of my podcasting with NBA 2k.

Started playing Hand of Fate recently and it's a nice little indie game that is all reading so it works well with podcasts.

Any racing game really. Forza Horizon 3,Burnout Paradise, Burnout Revenge, SSX3, etc...

Slime Rancher/Stardew Valley

Everspace/Elite Dangerous/Rebel Galaxy if you want some space stuff

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I’m not a multi-tasker. If I’m doing two things at once, I figure neither is probably worth doing.

If I were to listen to a podcast AND play a game, I’d go with Crackdown. It holds up, looks pretty damn good on an Xbox One X, and the action and explosions are oddly hypnotic, especially once you level up and everything is bigger, explode-ier, and easier.

It’s tracelike, not unlike messing with that Jeff Minter interactive audio app from the 360. It’s fun to just jump from building to building blowing stuff up without really paying attention.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I try to avoid games with lots of reading, I always miss out on either podcast or what im trying to read when doing both. Dark Souls 2 was my best podcast game ever, I would just farm every area until enemies stopped spawning and be at peace with some sweet sweet pods

Ashwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Path Of Exile is my usual go to. Plus it's free, and an action RPG.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alienation. It is my pod cast game at the moment.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Nodima

MLB The Show. They added some pretty bad DIamond Dynasty-specific commentary lies this year that finally allowed me to feel OK with turning off the commentary, and thus turn the sound completely off, and when you're pitching you can take a break whenever you want. Perfect podcast game for me at this point.

godzillasbrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not an action game, but I like to play Tetris when listening to podcasts

JoeDangerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diablo III is a nice podcasting game as well as an action RPG but that's too obvious of an answer. Assassin's Creed: Origins has a lot of downtime in between story beats where I found myself just running around doing side quests and collecting things.

@ashwyn said:

Path Of Exile is my usual go to. Plus it's free, and an action RPG.

D3 and PoE are excellent choices. My vote's here.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

destiny 2?

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Warframe

Maedhros925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Pretty much any game that doesn't require you to read or listen. Diablo, Dark Souls, Terraria are all good selections. I've been doing randomizer runs on Link to the Past while podcasting, and it works perfectly. Hob is like an old school Zelda and entirely wordless. Hyper Light Drifter. The Shadow of Mordor games work well, as the story is garbage. Roguelikes such as Rogue Legacy. Any of the Lego games. And if you're going for collectibles in a character action game, like the Riddler trophies in the Batman games, that's a perfect time to podcast.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.