Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

New Xbox 360 dashboard update starts rolling out today

• 75 results
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#51  Edited By musubi
    @ZeForgotten
    @Hizang said:

@DoctorWelch said:

@Hizang said:

@ajamafalous said:

@Hizang said:
    @Demoskinos

@Hizang said:

Remember the old days, where you would turn it on and if a game was in it, it would just fucking go?

You...can still do that if you want.

Not on PS3 or Wii, I don't have a 360. But I'm not sure, I mean you turn it on and it goes straight to the game logo. I'm sure the 360 shows the 360 logo first, which isn't straight to the game.
    What? That's like the dumbest splitting of hairs I've ever heard. Even the Gamecube showed the Gamecube logo before the game.

I'm talking about SNES/NES/N64 style, thats what I mean when I say the old days.

I pity those who hear "the old days" and proceed to think Gamecube.

I know right, those are the same people who say fuck you to Super Mario Bros and fuck yes to the original Halo.

What's even funnier is when people go "I miss the old days" and those people are still in their teens or very early 20s 
    Well you can only have nostalgia for the things you were around to experience. There is always going to be that generational gap where the last generation doesn't understand why the new generation likes the things they do.
    hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By hockeymask27

@big_jon said:

I hope this makes the ads less every fucking were and cleans up the clunky ass UI a bit.

being in the beta the last month or so.... lol lol lol. Also there is no flash in the browser only html 5.

DjDonFrancisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By DjDonFrancisco

I didn't receive the update last night, nor this morning. Maybe it'll arrive by the time I boot it up tonight. Is this dashboard a bit faster than the last?

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Mister_V

Can you navigate around IE with the iPad app? (Using it as a mouse an keyboard) I could see some use for that.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By zeforgotten
    @Demoskinos said:

@ZeForgotten

@Hizang said:

@DoctorWelch said:

@Hizang said:

@ajamafalous said:

@Hizang said:
    @Demoskinos

@Hizang said:

Remember the old days, where you would turn it on and if a game was in it, it would just fucking go?

Not on PS3 or Wii, I don't have a 360. But I'm not sure, I mean you turn it on and it goes straight to the game logo. I'm sure the 360 shows the 360 logo first, which isn't straight to the game.
    What? That's like the dumbest splitting of hairs I've ever heard. Even the Gamecube showed the Gamecube logo before the game.

I'm talking about SNES/NES/N64 style, thats what I mean when I say the old days.

I know right, those are the same people who say fuck you to Super Mario Bros and fuck yes to the original Halo.

What's even funnier is when people go "I miss the old days" and those people are still in their teens or very early 20s 
    Well you can only have nostalgia for the things you were around to experience. There is always going to be that generational gap where the last generation doesn't understand why the new generation likes the things they do.
    No that's not the point. 
    It's the "Good old days" part, it's like they're already done with living so all of a sudden it's just "Ah the good old days of... 3 months ago"  even 12 year olds say it too "things were better in the good old days". It just seems weird to think of yourself as old at that age
    TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TrafalgarLaw
    No Caption Provided
    plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By plaintomato

+1 for pinning = about time.

The rest...yeah kay fine or whatever. But:

@TrafalgarLaw said:

No Caption Provided

Seriously. Here is truth.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@ZeForgotten said:

@Demoskinos said:

@ZeForgotten

@Hizang said:

@DoctorWelch said:

@Hizang said:

@ajamafalous said:

@Hizang said:
    @Demoskinos

@Hizang said:

No that's not the point. It's the "Good old days" part, it's like they're already done with living so all of a sudden it's just "Ah the good old days of... 3 months ago" even 12 year olds say it too "things were better in the good old days". It just seems weird to think of yourself as old at that age

When someone says "The good old days" they usually are just nostalgic for things they used to play or own. It does sound a little silly but I have caught myself saying it few times (I'm 21).

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Rafaelfc

The ads sure are annoying on the front page, but this dashboard is noticeably faster to navigate on my xbox, i'm actually enjoying it.

The amount of ads is TERRIBLE though, this cannot be overstated

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By ajamafalous
    @DoctorWelch said:

@Hizang said:

@ajamafalous said:

@Hizang said:
    @Demoskinos

@Hizang said:

That's another dumb thing to say. I've been playing games since the NES came out, but to me, 'old days' even means when the 360 had Blades.
    DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By DoctorWelch

@ajamafalous: YOU'RE ANOTHER DUMB THING TO SAY! >:O

Again, I pity you.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By ajamafalous
    @DoctorWelch said:

@ajamafalous: YOU'RE ANOTHER DUMB THING TO SAY! >:O

:(
    Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@TrafalgarLaw said:

No Caption Provided

@Rafaelfc:

WTF are you people talking about? Those aren't ads anymore than the games listed on Steams frontpage are ads. They are letting you know what content you can choose to play/watch/listen to.

So fucking stupid.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#64  Edited By Hizang

@Bucketdeth said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Demoskinos said:

@ZeForgotten

@Hizang said:

@DoctorWelch said:

@Hizang said:

@ajamafalous said:

@Hizang said:
    @Demoskinos

@Hizang said:

No that's not the point. It's the "Good old days" part, it's like they're already done with living so all of a sudden it's just "Ah the good old days of... 3 months ago" even 12 year olds say it too "things were better in the good old days". It just seems weird to think of yourself as old at that age

When someone says "The good old days" they usually are just nostalgic for things they used to play or own. It does sound a little silly but I have caught myself saying it few times (I'm 21).

The Good old days = N64/PS1 era, just to clarify.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Hizang said:

@Bucketdeth said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Demoskinos said:

@ZeForgotten

@Hizang said:

@DoctorWelch said:

@Hizang said:

@ajamafalous said:

@Hizang said:
    @Demoskinos

@Hizang said:

It can be interpreted differently for each person, someone who is 14-16 may find the Gamecube "The good old days", to me the SNES-N64 and PS1 era would have been the hey day for video games, although the Gamecube had some of my favourite games of all time.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#66  Edited By Hizang

@Bucketdeth said:

@Hizang said:

@Bucketdeth said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Demoskinos said:

@ZeForgotten

@Hizang said:

@DoctorWelch said:

@Hizang said:

@ajamafalous said:

@Hizang said:
    @Demoskinos

@Hizang said:

It can be interpreted differently for each person, someone who is 14-16 may find the Gamecube "The good old days", to me the SNES-N64 and PS1 era would have been the hey day for video games, although the Gamecube had some of my favourite games of all time.

Banjo-Kazooie is my favourite game of all time..

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Some of you are making far too much of the ads. Your ad free customized pins page is one step away from the home screen, and most of the ads on the home screen are usually related to games or things that gamers would likely enjoy, such as action movies. It's not as if there are dashboard ads for Preparation H or something.

More importantly, both the recently played and pins load SO much faster than any section of the dashboard ever did before this update. We're talking less than 2 seconds for the recent section, and just another second or two more for pins. There are loads of other changes and improvements as well, and I am quite happy with pretty much every one of them. This is literally the dashboard update I've been wanting for years.

Perhaps I'm being just a bit of a satisfied pessimist here, but if you REALLY thought Microsoft was going to remove all of the advertising that makes them millions each year, I really would consider adjusting your expectations of multi-billion dollar companies.

And if you want the blades back, there's a good chance you're remembering them with rose colored glasses.

@plaintomato said:

+1 for pinning = about time.

The rest...yeah kay fine or whatever. But:

@TrafalgarLaw said:

No Caption Provided

Seriously. Here is truth.

That's not truth. They went from three ad spaces to six. That's 100% more ads, not 33%.

But none of that matters, because the latest dashboard is still the best software update that MS has released since the introduction of party chat.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By PeasantAbuse

My 360 still hasn't gotten the update, am I broken?

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#69  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@PeasantAbuse said:

My 360 still hasn't gotten the update, am I broken?

Same here.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I have also not gotten it. East cost. 

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By audiosnow

I don't know if the beta-release silently converts into the full update, but I figured I would be pushed the official, universal update. Nothing yet and I'm half an hour from the Xbox team.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By PeasantAbuse

OK sweet, they must be rolling in out in waves then or something.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By FritzDude
    To ensure a stable release, this will be a gradual deployment across subscribers and regions over the course of the next week. Our initial deployment will reach approximately three million consoles worldwide, with additional users being updated over the course of a couple weeks. Don’t panic if you don’t see an immediate update, just keep checking back in.
    Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Rotnac

I guess west coast people are getting the update first. I also haven't got an update yet on the east coast.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By laserbolts

Still no update Northern Alberta.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.