Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360 Games Store

Platform »

Xbox Live Games Store is an online store for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One which allows users to purchase games digitally.

Marketplace being slow-ish?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

I dunno if it is for anyone else but the marketplace is being real slow for me today for whatever reason. All the box art and stuff isn't loading when I pull up the marketplace. On a side note... does anyone know what the "marketplace data" file does in your "system items" ? I deleted it thinking it was a cache file for all the data like the images and stuff it pulls down from XBL but haven't noticed changes either way.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SexyToad

When I think of the marketplace I think slow. It's always been slow to me, but my Internet isn't the greatest either... But I don't know what the marketplace data does.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By beargirl1

@Demoskinos said:

On a side note... does anyone know what the "marketplace data" file does in your "system items" ? I deleted it thinking it was a cache file for all the data like the images and stuff it pulls down from XBL but haven't noticed changes either way.

surely the cache you deleted makes thing load a bit slower since it has nothing stored on the console..? unless you deleted it a long time ago

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By musubi

@AjayRaz said:

@Demoskinos said:

On a side note... does anyone know what the "marketplace data" file does in your "system items" ? I deleted it thinking it was a cache file for all the data like the images and stuff it pulls down from XBL but haven't noticed changes either way.

surely the cache you deleted makes thing load a bit slower since it has nothing stored on the console..? unless you deleted it a long time ago

Yeah, but sometimes deleting that stuff can actually make things faster after it loads the first time. The system hasn't remade the file either so.... I dunno. Must not be a big deal.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FritzDude

It's a temporarily system folder for the marketplace buffer items. You usually delete that if it's corrupted making the marketplace, or some pages, unavailable or troublesome. Since you deleted that file you will need to restart your console or you will have issues with pages and slowness.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By musubi

@FritzDude: Huh, well... the console doesn't seem to be remaking the file.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FritzDude

You shouldn't worry about that. It will create when it needs to. Is the marketplace still slow after the restart? Are you by any chance behind a stricted or moderate NAT? Slow connections usually mean that you're behind some NAT or firewall / proxy. You can check that by testing the network on your console and see if you get a triangulum code. If you aren't and you get green light on all then I suggest you let the index be in the marketplace for a couple of minutes & let everything synchronize properly. And if that didn't help then it could very well be the marketplace, the server for the marketplace in your region, or the DNS for your ISP.

Post scriptum: The marketplace was briefly down today around when the scheduled marketplace data transfer happened. It could very well be related.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By musubi

@FritzDude: Yeah, the images and such on Xbox.com seem to intermittently go out. Seems to be the same with the marketplace sometimes it seems snappy other times its not loading up. So I assume that is the issue. And thanks for the reponses. =)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.