Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360 Games Store

Platform »

Xbox Live Games Store is an online store for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One which allows users to purchase games digitally.

Destination Arcade App To Allow Easier XBLA Game Sorting

• 62 results
    Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Damien
    @Wandrecanada said:

" @Damien:  And yet what happens when a title as popular as MW2 comes out?  Realistically that's where MS wants to be at some point.  XBLM as a completely viable method of distributing AAA content.  Is XBLM too fragile to withstand a 2 million copy buying frenzy? "

At this point in time, yeh probably.  When the stimulus map pack came out, wasn't there a problem with that since it was being downloaded so much?  I think that's our answer.  Even Steam has problems when massive numbers download their content, as shown during the recent sales.  

I assume in the first part you mean when a game as popular as MW2 comes out for download via Xbox.  First, the day that actually happens will be at least a few years from now and not on the 360.  By that time, I assume Microsoft would have figured out their server situation and fix it up.  Also, I don't believe the problems with Blacklight Tango are because people are rushing to their Xbox to download it, but because someone put it up early or put up the wrong version or something of that ilk.
    Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Damien
    @AnimZero said:
    " I would have preferred this to be an outright replacement for the terrible XBLA interface. PSN's is an order of magnitude better. "
    That's interesting because I'm the complete opposite.  I find PSN to be horribly confusing and cluttered.
    myalt22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By myalt22

what, MORE god damn apps?

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#54  Edited By Brackynews

Almost all problems with downloading from XBLM are mitigated by simply waiting a day.  Needing to play games on their actual release date is a curious affliction. ;)

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#55  Edited By damswedon
    @ptc: Won't lie Bock Band is my favourite rhythm game. 

this will be good, the dashboard needs a good jiggling.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @shiptoncraig said:
    " NXE needs a total overhaul anyway, it's way too cluttered.  This is just one step :/ "
    We're getting a new one later this year.
    MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#57  Edited By MeatSim

The whole dashboard needs a new UI overhaul again.

caseylakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By caseylakes
    @Meatsim said:
    " The whole dashboard needs a new UI overhaul again. "
    @WinterSnowblind said: 
    We're getting a new one later this year. "
    godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#59  Edited By godzilla_sushi

Yeah....yeah I think it's better then nothing at all. There is a remarkable amount of content out there and the arcade alone is tough. You really have to know what your looking for. That said, I can't wrap my brain around any ideas to make it better. Unless you started making discount games (like they have recently started to do) I dont think its so easy to grab those on the fence gamers out there.

A real challenge.....

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By jakob187

Looking forward to this addition.  Better browsing capabilities for the arcade games menus is something I've been wishing for.

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By canucks23

Why does microsoft love to hate everybody that isn't American? Even though i'm sure this'll come out in other countries later down the road it just reminds me how screwed over we get when it comes to other features they offer.

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
    BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Depending on how it works once it is released, this could be wonderful. I have always hated navigating through the XBLA games, so I welcome anything they can do to make it a better experience, and it is coming so soon!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.