Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE 2K15

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 28, 2014

WWE 2K15 is the first game in the franchise to appear on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

New to wrestling: Is this game fun?

SquidKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I watched a ton of WWF back in the day, as well as WCW during the wars era. My wife and I have recently started watching modern WWE, and we're pretty happy with the product. I'd like to play a wrestling game, but everything seems to point to this game being kind of bad.

My question is this: is this game bad, or just not as good as the previous one? I don't care about making my own belts/arenas/story, but I do want an interesting or at least fun story, and that Wrestlemania whatever mode from the last game sounds pretty fun.

Should I try this game? Is it good, or is it too weak to be worth buying it?

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Krullban

The game play and graphics are better but it has a lot less features.

the actual playing part of this game has been the most fun I've had in years, but people say it's bad because they removed match types, and most of the creation suite.

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@squidking: They took a lot of modes and stuff out of WWE 2K15, and its replacement Be a Superstar mode wasn't that much fun. Single Player content wise, the Attitude Era mode in WWE '13 and the equivalent Wrestlemania mode in 2K14 are much better.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

No, it's not fun. Maybe it's better if you haven't approached a WWE game in a long time, but this game got worse from previous installments.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you do, be ready for 9,000 hours of load times as well. Seriously, that game is the worst on this gen with load screens

SquidKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban: Thank you, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

SquidKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dazzhardy: Reviews made the Superstar mode seem kind of short or shallow. Is that why it's not great?

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By redyoshi

@squidking said:

@dazzhardy: Reviews made the Superstar mode seem kind of short or shallow. Is that why it's not great?

The career mode is dull. Very much so. You have to grind out nothing matches as you build up your social media fanbase, and that's what determine you moving onto the next level of the roster. You'll occasionally get a pay-per-view feud, but those are spread out. You get a few a year. The vast majority of the time when you finish a match, you'll be presented with Vicky Guerrero complementing you on your match but saying that she has nothing for you right now, so you get to pick between a dark match or a TV match. Over and over.

Oh, and if you win the WWE title your career gets fast-forwarded or something. I don't know about that firsthand as I've never it to that point. I won the World title once, and then didn't immediately defend it on the Raw after the pay-per-view so I got it stripped from me. Fun!

SquidKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squidking: Yeah, like RedYoshi said, its just dull and repetitive. I never made it passed the NXT part, because I got tired of fighting the same guys over and over for no real benefit. It also restricted what moves you could use until you upgraded stats and unlocked movelists.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By iceman228433

God no that game is so bad I just traded it in after getting it for Christmas, trust me I won't miss it. If you have a PS2 get "Here Comes the Pain" now that is a wrestling game right there.

SquidKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squidking: I'd recommend WWE '13 if you prefer the attitude era, or WWE 2K14 if you prefer the history of Wrestlemania. Both of those modes are well done.

SquidKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SquidKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked up 2K14 and 15. I have to say that the replay whatever it is mode from 15 was very interesting and helpful for someone who never saw a single one of those matches. I think you guys are jading yourselves at some level.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban said:

The game play and graphics are better but it has a lot less features.

the actual playing part of this game has been the most fun I've had in years, but people say it's bad because they removed match types, and most of the creation suite.

this is basically my experiance

putting it on the hardest difficulty I win half my matches and wrestlers and moves finally seem to have weight to them.

The storymodes and showcases are repetitive a lil bit

as a game to pick up and play a couple matches every once and a while or with friends its totally worth the 40 bucks

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I picked up 2K14 and 15. I have to say that the replay whatever it is mode from 15 was very interesting and helpful for someone who never saw a single one of those matches. I think you guys are jading yourselves at some level.

Remember context, we've been playing the same game for close to 10 years. You're new to the series. When you get an iteration of the same game you've been playing since 06 and half the content is missing you're going to shit on it.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it depends on how you look at it. Compared to the extensive feature list of the previous games, it seems like a huge step back. However, the base game seems improved. If you haven't been playing wrestling games at all for a long time, then you would probably enjoy 2k15 just fine. Honest answer though is that the next game will probably be the better choice, as logic would entail that it would regain some features and have the better current gameplay.

Dew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The gameplay is much better pacing-wise than previous iterations but as stated by other folks, the feature list and match types are sorely lacking. And what is there isn't great. I've had some fun with it, but if you haven't picked it up by now I would definitely wait until it dropped to $20 or so.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.